BX replacement seat

/ BX replacement seat #1  

gwdixon

Elite Member
My wife finds the OEM seat on the BX2200 uncomfortable for her back condition. The vinyl has also begun to crack and deteriorate. A new one might make a good holiday gift.

So I'm looking for the Kubota brand improved seat for BX models, and maybe B models, that is supposed to be more comfortable and bolt right on. It seems like years ago there was discussion about the seat. A search of TBN didn't turn up any helpful hits.

Does anyone have a link to a thread or maybe the part number for the Kubota improved seat? If someone has an aftermarket seat that is comfortable that would be considered as well.

Thanks.

/ BX replacement seat #2  
I changed my original seat out on my BX, but I'm afraid I didn't keep the part number. I just called the dealer and told him which tractor I had. He was familiar with the uncomfortable seat issue. I went in and picked up a new one and it was correct for my tractor. (I switched the seat myself so I didn't have to haul it in, and it was a fairly easy job.)

/ BX replacement seat #3  
My wife finds the OEM seat on the BX2200 uncomfortable for her back condition. The vinyl has also begun to crack and deteriorate. A new one might make a good holiday gift.

So I'm looking for the Kubota brand improved seat for BX models, and maybe B models, that is supposed to be more comfortable and bolt right on. It seems like years ago there was discussion about the seat. A search of TBN didn't turn up any helpful hits.

Does anyone have a link to a thread or maybe the part number for the Kubota improved seat? If someone has an aftermarket seat that is comfortable that would be considered as well.

Thanks.

The BX2660 has a very comfortable seat that is adjustable. My guess is you would have to change out the bracket as well as the seat; could get a little pricey.

/ BX replacement seat #4  
   / BX replacement seat #5  
Let us know what you find out as I have wanted to replace the seat on my bx2200 as well, but have never got around to researching it.
Thanks
Wes

/ BX replacement seat #6  
We just had a new seat put on our BX2200 and it cost $225, I haven't been on it since we got it back, so I can't say much about it; sure didn't like the one that came on it.

/ BX replacement seat #8  
wow that's a lot for a seat!

Yeah, I took it in to be fixed up after several years of abuse and neglect by a relative and told them to fix everything including a new seat. When the Service Manager found out the cost, he called to make sure I wanted it due to the high price. I didn't want to fool with aftermarket and just told them to put it on.

/ BX replacement seat #9  
Did the BX2200 come with the same horrible seat that my BX24 had? That one sloped forward so badly that I had to brace myself to just stay on the tractor.

I noticed it the first time I got on the machine and complained to the dealer. Their initial response was "get used to it". I did a little research elsewhere and discovered that there was already a replacement seat available. Told my dealer's parts guy and he realized that he had them in stock. Charged me $25 for the new seat. A huge improvement.

$225 seems a little on the high side...

Z.

/ BX replacement seat #10  
Did the BX2200 come with the same horrible seat that my BX24 had? That one sloped forward so badly that I had to brace myself to just stay on the tractor.

I noticed it the first time I got on the machine and complained to the dealer. Their initial response was "get used to it". I did a little research elsewhere and discovered that there was already a replacement seat available. Told my dealer's parts guy and he realized that he had them in stock. Charged me $25 for the new seat. A huge improvement.

$225 seems a little on the high side...

Z.

Same horrible seat. My dealer went out of business and I never found out about the improved seat until I "sold" the tractor. It sat out in the weather for four years, so the seat would have been shot anyway.

No argument on the high price, but this dealer has always treated me fair on the 4 tractors we bought there, so...