kubota L3430 glow plugs

/ kubota L3430 glow plugs #1  

bbwithdrawls

Tractor
l3430 zd 321
Morning all , I have a 2005 grand l 3430 can someone help me find the glow plugs on my tractor and tell me how to test them , i went through the problem last year with tractor hard to start in cold weather and its back again now its cold ,when its warm out above 45 it starts right up . my panel shows glow plug on and then goes off but i don't believe its accurate , I need to be able to test the plugs and the relay , the nearest kubota a dealer is 30 miles away and its a pain to load up and take to them, if i can figure it out that would be great ,

any suggestions would be great

/ kubota L3430 glow plugs #2  
Here's the information I have for my L3540. It may also apply to your Lxx30 series.
I hope this helps.
-Len

Attachments

• L3540 Glow Plug parts.jpg
    L3540 Glow Plug parts.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 713
  • L3540 glow plug.jpg
    L3540 glow plug.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 638
   / kubota L3430 glow plugs #3  
Check for voltage on the glow plug buss strip, with key turned to the "on" position & While the dash 'glow indicator' is lit, there should be 12 volts. KennyV

/ kubota L3430 glow plugs
Gentlemen , thank you very much , that is exactly what I was looking for , ill go try these tomorrow

again want to say thank you , the information was very helpful , narrowed it down to glow plug relay, took it apart and sanded contacts and cleaned terminals , works now but i can feel and hear it click when it works , when it doesnt just the light but no power coming through , seems to work a lot more now that i did that ,

does anyone have a way to lookup a part # , its a 2005 kubota grand l3430 ?? I know that a "kubota" branded part is very high priced, wonder if there is a generic part

thanks again

/ kubota L3430 glow plugs #6  
Looks like it's a T1060-33710.
Cheapest I found it was here.
Replacement parts for the Kubota L3430GST Tractor
Messicks had it for ~$79
Probably a touch cheaper than the dealer and less trouble than a 30 mile drive.
Wasn't able to find any specifications on it to see if a "generic" relay was available.

Looks like it's a T1060-33710.
Cheapest I found it was here.
Replacement parts for the Kubota L3430GST Tractor
Messicks had it for ~$79
Probably a touch cheaper than the dealer and less trouble than a 30 mile drive.
Wasn't able to find any specifications on it to see if a "generic" relay was available.

ahhh thank you , they sure are proud of them arent they ?, so far knock on wood my " fix" seems to be working , thanks all for getting me this far , nothing like going out in 20 degrees and the tractor turn over on the first lick as opposed to cranking till the battery goes down , hooking a charger up and then starting it

/ kubota L3430 glow plugs #8  
Working glow plugs are a wonderful thing. Since it was corrosion that caused the problem before and things seem to be working since you cleaned up the contacts, go the extra step, but some di-electric grease on there. That will help to eliminate the corrosion problem in the future.

Working glow plugs are a wonderful thing. Since it was corrosion that caused the problem before and things seem to be working since you cleaned up the contacts, go the extra step, but some di-electric grease on there. That will help to eliminate the corrosion problem in the future.

Excellent idea, be a lot cheaper than a new one right now , ill give it a shot , that's why i love these forums , thank you