Does your tractor stay in or outside?

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #101  
Seems like my old Mahindra and my JCB backhoe both came with a piece of steel that was designed as a mechanical safety device to prevent the loader from falling while working on the equipment. Seems kind of strange that the "Great" Kubota doesn't include such a thing.

I think you could make one pretty easy with a piece of C channel.

James K0UA

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #102  
Hate to tell you this, but the loader lock lever, will not prevent the loader from leaking down, Its purpose is to prevent someone from moving the control valve lever. It has nothing to do with the leak-down from the valve or cylinder seals. Also if a hose were to break, it will come down instantly with great force, and your car hood will be history. It is your loader, and your car.. just saying:)

James K0UA

Actually I think he said it is his WIFE'S car! Now there's a conversation I'd rather not have... LOL!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #103  
I keep my BX23 inside my pole barn with my rv stuff. Pulled the battery, keep it on a trickle charger as I dont use it through the winter months. Got a walk along snow blower to keep both the drive ways clear.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #104  
I am using a tarp building this year- shelterlogic over gravel/tarp/plywood for floor. Stays dry. Tractor is plugged in. I used to cover just the seat and steering wheel against the rain and snow. I debated building with wood- but this was quick- going up on the weekends- 1 person operation.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #105  
Kicked out the son-in-laws CJ7 out of the garage and tarped it and installed my l3400.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #106  
Both of my B's are in a cement floored, tight and dry barn. Some of the attachments live in 3 sided, gravel floored run-in sheds. This stuff is just too pricey to subject to the elements on a full time basis.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #107  
I live out in the woods in Michigan, populated by huge populations of gnawing critters that scurry around year round looking for food and some place to build a nest [ with close access to lots of wire and stuff to chew on and taste ]. So, I keep anything that I don't want ruined in my 40 by 80 pole barn... which I strive to keep a 'critter free zone'.... I was also brought up to keep stuff in 'ready to go' shape, and barn storage helps me rest more worry free at night... not bothered by long dead ancestors trying to lecture me as I try to sleep... [ the family curse.. ] :)

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #108  
This is my Bx2360's new home (14x32) along with its attatchments. I got some Harbor Freight furniture dollies 1000lbs rating and mounted them to 3/4 plywood sheets for FEL and BB to be able to roll around to store and attatch easier.On the plugger I was able to mount casters to the bottom of the three stands:cool2::drink::cool2:

IMG_2539.jpgIMG_2541.jpgIMG_2542.jpgIMG_2543.jpgIMG_2544.jpgIMG_2546.jpg

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #109  
This is my Bx2360's new home (14x32) along with its attatchments. I got some Harbor Freight furniture dollies 1000lbs rating and mounted them to 3/4 plywood sheets for FEL and BB to be able to roll around to store and attatch easier.On the plugger I was able to mount casters to the bottom of the three stands:cool2::drink::cool2:

Being in the market for a new shed myself (not as big) did you build it yourself or was it a prefab? Do you have a door in the end to drive in and would it accommodate the taller Rops of the BX25 (84.3")? Did you do anything special with the floor to handle the weight of the tractor? What did you do for site prep?

It looks real nice and plenty roomy for all your gear.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #110  
It was prefab did'nt get door on end, had to get folding Rops for a Bx25 did'nt realize when I ordered it a Amish style roof is a little shorter than a A frame roof but I do have more loft space. Floor is built like a house with 16" floor joist 5/8 plywood on those and 5 4x4 post running the whole length of it to rest on blocks.Just cleared out some pine trees and cut stumps down to ground level.If you can go bigger than you plan you can always use the extra space I was gonna get a 14x28 and glad I went 32!!!!