Does your tractor stay in or outside?

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #111  
It was prefab did'nt get door on end, had to get folding Rops for a Bx25 did'nt realize when I ordered it a Amish style roof is a little shorter than a A frame roof but I do have more loft space. Floor is built like a house with 16" floor joist 5/8 plywood on those and 5 4x4 post running the whole length of it to rest on blocks.Just cleared out some pine trees and cut stumps down to ground level.If you can go bigger than you plan you can always use the extra space I was gonna get a 14x28 and glad I went 32!!!!

Thanks for the details. Unfortunately my Rops folds but the cab does not so I need a door taller than the standard size. I can't really go bigger than 10x20 but it will be going over an old pavement area so that should work pretty good. I'm definitely looking at prefab since I don't have the time to build it myself and I'm not as young and strong as I used to be.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #112  
We live in New Hampshire, just over the boarder, and we ordered our 5 stall, 12X54 barn from a company in Maine called Hill View mini barns. We never actually went there, but we looked at a lot of barn, and shed companies in Mass, NH, VT, and ME. Hill View had the best prices by far, and they worked with us, since at the time, they had never ordered a shed row barn from the amish that large. They worked with us to custom build it to the exact specifications, and it was still cheaper than anywhere else, and cheaper than anyone would build it for. There link is: Storage Sheds, Garages, Camps, Horse Barns- Hill View Mini Barns

This is our barn when it was delivered a few years ago. The discolored base is not part of the barn. Its rough cut 6x6's that I had used to maintain the base when it was delivered. It was made by the Amish in PA, and trucked up on a semi as one piece. It is a great structure, and very well built.. photo.jpg

Thanks for the details. Unfortunately my Rops folds but the cab does not so I need a door taller than the standard size. I can't really go bigger than 10x20 but it will be going over an old pavement area so that should work pretty good. I'm definitely looking at prefab since I don't have the time to build it myself and I'm not as young and strong as I used to be.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #113  
We live in New Hampshire, just over the boarder, and we ordered our 5 stall, 12X54 barn from a company in Maine called Hill View mini barns. We never actually went there, but we looked at a lot of barn, and shed companies in Mass, NH, VT, and ME. Hill View had the best prices by far, and they worked with us, since at the time, they had never ordered a shed row barn from the amish that large. They worked with us to custom build it to the exact specifications, and it was still cheaper than anywhere else, and cheaper than anyone would build it for. There link is: Storage Sheds, Garages, Camps, Horse Barns- Hill View Mini Barns

This is our barn when it was delivered a few years ago. The discolored base is not part of the barn. Its rough cut 6x6's that I had used to maintain the base when it was delivered. It was made by the Amish in PA, and trucked up on a semi as one piece. It is a great structure, and very well built..

Not sure why this posted sideways?
View attachment 296366

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #114  

This is our barn when it was delivered a few years ago. The discolored base is not part of the barn. Its rough cut 6x6's that I had used to maintain the base when it was delivered. It was made by the Amish in PA, and trucked up on a semi as one piece. It is a great structure, and very well built..

Thanks for the link! This is exactly what I was looking for and the prices do appear much cheaper than other sites I've looked at. It looks like a really well built building and I've had a good experience with Amish built buildings before. My gazebo is a prefab Amish built building and the workmanship and materials are superior to those available locally.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #115  
My Kubota sleeps indoors most nights. On winter weekends it gets to sleep under the stars once in a while if I'm clearing snow and don't want to spend time Saturday cleaning it off before parking it inside.

Sean

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #116  
barnpic2.JPG New one always inside,the old one already faded so if I have room it does(fourth stall not in picture)..

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #118  
Shelter logic 12 x 24 x 10'tall. ... on 3/4 gravel base... wanted to be able to get my fullsize truck w/ lumber rack in there if needed

Biggest issue is chasing mice nest out from under the dash or on the block... I check regularly...

After 5 years the tarp is just barely showing its age with a few pin holes etc... Maybe another year and I'll replace it.. best $700 I spent..

Picture 074.jpgPicture 138.jpg

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #119  
Wife gets one bay and I park tractor in other. My truck stays outside and suffers for it. Oh well...

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #120  
My tractor is in unheated garage ,I have a block heater but haven't used it yet,I live in ontario canada, I do put fuel additive to prevent fuel freeze up,the temp in garage is aprox 0 c or 32f and can drop to -5 Celsius on cold nights,but tractor never failed starting 5 seconds glow plugs on and away it goes.