Does your tractor stay in or outside?

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #1  

StrangeRanger

Gold Member
Tractor
L3400 HST
Just wondering where you all keep your tractor. Do you keep in inside or is it outside? If it's outside what protection do you give it? Is it covered? Do you use a block heater and/or fuel treatment? Where do you live and how cold does it really get where it's stored outside?
Thanks,
j

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #2  
Mine stays outside with a tarp over it.
No special protection, no block heater, no fuel treatment.
Northern Neck Virginia

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #3  
Tractors stay inside or under shed. TLB stays outside. I would like to keep all equipment inside but there is not enough inside to go around at this time.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #4  
Inside for mine.I probably wouldn't own a tractor if I had to keep it outside,but that's just my opinion.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #6  
Outside with a tarp over it in the winter.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #7  
new tractor 389.jpg

I keep it inside. I do have a lean-to outside for attachments.
we heat with wood and my garage is always warm and varies from 55 F to 80F . depends what i've got going on.
were in Tri-cities Michigan. its usually 0F to 32F.
WE do get the occasionaly get down to -20 F, I have a engine block heater and dual batteries on my truck whick is always parked outside.
I usually don't use the block heater until they forcast -10 or lower. I have a timer to kick it on 3-4 hours before i go to work.
Tom

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #8  
Outside. I wish limbs would permit me to have the roof on the 1976 265 MF but we cover it with an 8x12' silver tarp from exhaust stack to the rear remotes. It is a little pain when I want to use it but it is not that often. It does have a block heater and the box blade on for the winter. The 1983 JD 310B backhoe sets out but the four point ROPS has a very heavy steel roof that offers some protection and the ether start system is missing parts so it has to be over 40F to start it otherwise it causes me too much pain to listen to it. :)

Now we do not have large animals to hay so our tractor use can wait for pretty weather most of the time and that is what my old bones prefer.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #9  
Under the overhang on the barn. Out of sun, snow, rain. Block heater is a must to get it started in anything colder than -20 degree Celsius weather. I park it up on a couple layers of chip board to get the tires out of the dirt and to stop dirt from freezing to the underside of the blower.

/ Does your tractor stay in or outside? #10  
Inside, it usually isn't heated, but seldom gets below 0 F here so glow plugs do just fine.