3-Point Hitch Lower Link Arm Adjustment

/ Lower Link Arm Adjustment #1  

Skintback

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240 4wd
I have a Kubota 3240 with a question about adjusting the lower link arms. On the arms are three holes each. On the side link arms, one has three holes at the and the other has two holes, leaving out the middle hole. (This may sound a little confusing and if so I will take a picture.) The tractor came with the pins in the top holes of the side lift arms and through the rear most holes on the lower link arms. Adjusted this way, using the box blade for instance, the lift arms will not drop down enough to cut very deep. I moved the side lift arms to the middle hole on the lower links and kept the pin in the top hole on the side link arms. This allowed the box blade to cut much deeper. My question, without doing a lot of trial and error,what is the happy medium for being able to cut deeper while retaining lift height and clearance?

I'm mainly wondering if it is okay to place the links in theholes I swapped to without damage. It seems tolift as high set this way but the top link will hit the PTO shield if loweredall the way.

Man, I typed that and it sounds confusing to me. Think I'll get some pics to better explain my question.

/ Lower Link Arm Adjustment
Ok, first pic is of right side arm and shows the three holes in the arm...
image.jpg

The next photo shows the side link arm holes
image.jpg

Maybe this will help...

/ Lower Link Arm Adjustment #3  
There is no advantage to raising higher than you need and even less advantage to lowering lower than a particular attachment needs... so use a combination that fits your need... the 2 one side 3 on the other could be for angling the lift arms, where you "might" need more fine adjustment on the side that has three holes...

/ Lower Link Arm Adjustment #4  
As per KennyV, no advantage on which hole in the lift links. In the side links, you get more lift power, less height and less lift power, more height; simply use what works best for your needs.

/ Lower Link Arm Adjustment #5  
On the side link arms I normally use the hole closest to the tractor. Gives me more vertical range at the link end but loses some lift capability. As stated above, use whichever lift link hole gives you the proper height range you need.

/ Lower Link Arm Adjustment #6  
Moving the lift links to the aft holes of the side links will give you more lifting power and less vertical lifting range.
It will also allow you to adjust the height a little finer, which can be an advantage when grading with a box blade, rear blade, or when using a plow.