Tractor
    Kubota L3240 4wd

Default Lower Link Arm Adjustment

I have a kubota 3240 with a question about adjusting the lower link arms. On the arms are three holes each. On the side link arms, one has three holes at the and the other has two holes, leaving out the middle hole. (This may sound a little confusing and if so I will take a picture.) The tractor came with the pins in the top holes of the side lift arms and through the rear most holes on the lower link arms. Adjusted this way, using the box blade for instance, the lift arms will not drop down enough to cut very deep. I moved the side lift arms to the middle hole on the lower links and kept the pin in the top hole on the side link arms. This allowed the box blade to cut much deeper. My question, without doing a lot of trial and error,what is the happy medium for being able to cut deeper while retaining lift height and clearance?

I'm mainly wondering if it is okay to place the links in theholes I swapped to without damage. It seems tolift as high set this way but the top link will hit the PTO shield if loweredall the way.

Man, I typed that and it sounds confusing to me. Think I'll get some pics to better explain my question.
    If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking! -- General George S. Patton

Tractor
    Kubota L3240 4wd

Default Re: Lower Link Arm Adjustment

Ok, first pic is of right side arm and shows the three holes in the arm...
    -image-jpg

The next photo shows the side link arm holes
    -image-jpg

Maybe this will help...
    If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking! -- General George S. Patton

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

There is no advantage to raising higher than you need and even less advantage to lowering lower than a particular attachment needs... so use a combination that fits your need... the 2 one side 3 on the other could be for angling the lift arms, where you "might" need more fine adjustment on the side that has three holes...

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

As per KennyV, no advantage on which hole in the lift links. In the side links, you get more lift power, less height and less lift power, more height; simply use what works best for your needs.

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

On the side link arms I normally use the hole closest to the tractor. Gives me more vertical range at the link end but loses some lift capability. As stated above, use whichever lift link hole gives you the proper height range you need.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Tractor
    Kubotas: L3240GST B2320HST B5100D & G5200H

Moving the lift links to the aft holes of the side links will give you more lifting power and less vertical lifting range.
    It will also allow you to adjust the height a little finer, which can be an advantage when grading with a box blade, rear blade, or when using a plow.
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown