MX5100 which pallet forks?

/ MX5100 which pallet forks? #1  

Curtis Gray

Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Lots of threads on the forum relating to pallet forks, but I was interested in learning specifically what brand of pallet forks the MX5100 owners have purchased, reasons for purchasing, and how well they work. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks for your comments.

Curtis

/ MX5100 which pallet forks? #2  
I'm sure you'll get a lot of feedback because the MX5100 is a very popular tractor. We have used our compact pallet forks on that tractor and they work great. We even made a video with them hooked up to it. They're rated at 1,800 pounds and only weigh 220 pounds so your lift capacity is maximized. Visit our website and you'll find a huge variety of pallet forks. All of the forks sold at Everything Attachments ship free to a business or supporting freight terminal within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC.
Here's the video:

/ MX5100 which pallet forks? #3  
I went with 42" forks by Quick Attach. They are rated at around 4000 lbs and are very well made. It is not that easy to slide the forks when you need to change widths, but I don't know how they compare to others. I went with 42" because one of my main uses is moving boulders. If you intend to move a variety of pallets, be aware that some (most?) pallets require 48" forks to reach the far rail. (I would probably buy the same brand but 48" if buying again.) The loader on the MX5100 will lift about a ton off the ground, so going with forks in the 3,000 to 4,000 lb range is not over-kill.

If you have the opportunity to try any forks on an MX5100 at a dealer, take note of visibility through the back of the forks. On a tractor FEL, it is more difficult to see your forks than on a skid steer or fork lift.

Overall, I've found pallet forks to be one of the most useful attachments. I use them almost as often as my bucket.

/ MX5100 which pallet forks? #4  
I just watched the Everything Attachments fork video. I like the way they slide.

/ MX5100 which pallet forks? #5  
I also have some 4000lbs forks for my 5100. No idea the make but they are pretty darn heavy duty. I wanted 4000lbs because I sometime stick them in the dirt to pop rocks and figure that is a lot of leverage

/ MX5100 which pallet forks? #6  
I have pretty much given up buying anything but Land Pride, Woods, etc., but when I went to order a "name brand" pallet forks from my dealer, he said they had never even seen a set as they carried other brands of equivalent quality for less money. I use mine on our L5740 and M8540, so I went with 3500 lb rated, if I was just going to use on the 5740 may have gone a little lighter.

/ MX5100 which pallet forks? #7  
On paper specs, your LA844 loader is nearly identical to my CL600. I found the Bradco compact tractor forks to be about perfectly matched for it: 2300lbs lift capacity 24 inches at center, and 265lbs for the weight of the forks. That should allow you to lift close to a gross ton (2240lbs). I also think the welded on D-Ring is a handy feature to have.

/ MX5100 which pallet forks?
Thanks for all the replies, as all have been useful. Currently, I am leaning toward 48" forks in the 3000 lb range, because I do intend to use them for uprooting ligustrum privet that grows in abundance here. I suppose the only concerns that remain is what brand, and the difficulty associated with sliding the forks on the rail to adjust. Any more comments?

/ MX5100 which pallet forks? #9  
Go with those rated to 3700lbs as that is more than you can ever lift. The other item that I found with forks is depending on how the 'back' is designed (don't know what else to call it), you can't see very well when trying to get your forks under something. I only noticed this when I sat on a couple other Kubotas that had forks on them at a dealer. The design of the ones on the video by Everythingattachments looks like you could see through it pretty well.

/ MX5100 which pallet forks?
Go with those rated to 3700lbs as that is more than you can ever lift. The other item that I found with forks is depending on how the 'back' is designed (don't know what else to call it), you can't see very well when trying to get your forks under something. I only noticed this when I sat on a couple other Kubotas that had forks on them at a dealer. The design of the ones on the video by Everythingattachments looks like you could see through it pretty well.

Kyle, I believe that the ones at Everything Attachments are rated at either 3000 or 5000 lbs. Do you recall which ones are the 3700 lb rated forks? Thanks.

Curtis