BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
What do I need to do to the hydro pedal for the 50 hour service on the BX2360?

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #2  
All I remember doing to mine is greasing it, there is a tab in the floor mat.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment
The owners manual maintenance chart says the HST neutral spring needs to be adjusted at 100, 200, 300, 500, 600, and 700 hours. I was thinking it needed to be adjusted at 50 hours. The owners manual says to consult the dealer. I have not looked at how it is made yet, I am sure I can figure out how to adjust it. I thought that Kubota may have a specified amount of time for the pedal to return.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #4  
I hate to admit it, but I don't ever remember having to adjust the one on our 2003 BX2200 or 2008 BX2660, both way past 500+ hours. My son did the 500 hour on our 2660, so he might have, but I can't tell any difference, we just keep them greased. There has never been a discernible difference in return time if kept properly lubed.

I don't guess anyone on here has adjusted it.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #6  
I am starting to come to the conclusion that manufacturers make these minor things appear complicated or hard to get at on purpose, along with the published intervals. It is all designed for you to keep taking it back to the dealers shops not that it is reaslly necessary. I do all my own maintenance and have tried some of the adjustments at the interval but see no change or reason to do it. I will save the dealer shop for things beyond my mechanical ability or that require expensive special equipment unique to that product.

Ron

I am sure I can figure out how to adjust it, I thought they may have a specified amount of time for it to return. I guess next time I am at the dealer I will ask, or I may get a workshop manual. The only time I will take it back to the dealer is if I would have a warrantee issue.

Bump.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #9  
Pretty sure there is a grease fitting under a rubber flap in the floor. If I remember correctly, the grease fitting is accessed from above on the BX and from down below on the B series. Anyway, thanks for the reminder. Gotta go grease mine today. Want that pedal to pivot nice and smoothly. Did my front axle gear lube change last night.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #10  
My apologies to the OP but while we are on topic of the pedal pivot , every month or two I find I have to hammer back in the spring retainer pin at this pivot. It seems to work its way out and if I wait too long I will find that pedal no longer can react to my foot and just pivots loosely. I haven't lost the pin yet but when I remember I lift the rubber floor flapper and take a hammer and punch and bang retainer pin back down half an inch where it belongs.
I have a BX2660 2008