3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch problem ???

/ 3 point hitch problem ??? #1  

hr3

Veteran Member
Tractor
7610 hst
Ok I have a bota 7610 2007 model year,, I dropped something on the left lift arm and now its about 2" lower than the right side.. Dosn't look like it jumped a spline but I'm not sure what is inside the caseing,, Any thoughts guys,,"or girls"..

/ 3 point hitch problem ??? #2  
Are the arms uneven at both the top and bottom?? I mean could there be a coincidence and it is just that the right side lift arm was 'adjusted' with the treaded adjustment causing the links to be uneven?

Just a thought. Hope you don't have a serious problem.

/ 3 point hitch problem ??? #3  
When you say dropped "something".. how heavy a "something" are we talking about?

The rock shaft is one piece, splined through a lever arrangment inside the trans case. The shaft pivots in a set of bearings, and the lever is pushed on by the 3 point piston. It's possible that the shaft broke, but if it is, you should be able to move one side independently of the other. There should also be end float on one end of the shaft that isn't linked to the other end. The parts breakdown is on Messick's website.

See if the upper arms are the same height, like smweatherman said.

Sean

/ 3 point hitch problem ???
The upper arms are not even... I'll go out and take the bottom bars off and see it the right side moves without the left moving,,,

Ok I went out and took the whole 3 ph off and the top arms do go up and down at the same time,, I don't ever remember moving them by hand before "up and down that is" but now they move freely but with a ratcheting sound.. I started the tractor up and they both go up and down with no problem,,, ???
Ooo as for what and how heavy,, I'd say 2,500 lb. of tree

I'll go look at Messick's and take a look,,,

/ 3 point hitch problem ??? #6  
I guess one arm may have "jumped" a spline, but I wouldn't have thought it was possible without breaking something.

Look closely at where the arms slip over the ends of the rockshaft.. there may be a hairline crack in the arm where the left one has split, jumped a spline, then reclosed over the shaft. Other than the shaft bending a few degrees there isn't any other way it could move that I can see. I'd be surprised if the shaft twisted and didn't break, they're made of pretty good stuff.

The left arm doesn't have the feedback lever in the diagram I'm looking at, it might be worth removing the circlip (part # 100) pulling the arm off and having a good look at it. Use a marker to mark the end of the shaft and arm so you can put it back exactly where it was if you need to.

Sean

Well took it a part like Sean said and the teeth look good so I put a straight edge on it and compared it to the other side,,, It's bent.. Wow in a way I lucked out and didn't hurt something inside,, I'll order one from Union Farm on monday

Thanks for the help !!

/ 3 point hitch problem ??? #8  
Yeah.. compared to taking the top off the transmission and fishing out broken pieces, replacing a lift arm is a relatively painless fix.

Glad it was no worse!

Sean

/ 3 point hitch problem ??? #9  
2500 lbs of tree hitting the upper 3PH lift arm! I'd say that was a he!! of a close call. How'd your undies make out. :laughing:

2500 lbs of tree hitting the upper 3PH lift arm! I'd say that was a he!! of a close call. How'd your undies make out. :laughing:

The wife was driving,, and it wasn't as bad as it sounds,, The butt of the tree was on my log arch off to the side that was bent,, It was hung up in a crotch about 4' up and she was pulling it out and when it did all the weight came down on one side..