Woods backhoe

/ Woods backhoe
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Hope to look at it tomorrow. It is at a used car lot. From the picture it is a 3pt hich, not a sub frame. I can not tell if it has the pump or not. Price is 2900. If I remember right I checked on a subframe once and it was around 850.

/ Woods backhoe #12  
Price sounds good, and in an earlier reply, I did not mean to indicate that one type of hitch or the other was better. Like I said, I only have experiance with the 3pt and I was quessing that with a sub frame mount, that you would have to remove the lower 3pt "arms" & linkage for installation. As for the top link issue, on my unit the tractor top link was removed and there was a ridgid part of the BH frame that went to the top link hole on the tractor. This provided a ridgid mount allowing the BH outriggers to transfer the tractor weight for digging (down) pressure.

/ Woods backhoe #13  
i have a 6500, have used it to dig up some hedgerows and drainage tiles. works great. got it at an auction.. repalced a few hoses and worked onthe hyd pump coupler to free it up after being left to rust at the auction yard. Made up a semi frame mount for my old 1955 ford 850. probably could have gone with a 7500 on that 48hp tractor.. however since I didn't have a real subframe for it.. I feel ok about the smaller hoe..

nice unit.