Woods backhoe

/ Woods backhoe #1  

Sammy3700

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU
Found a woods BH-7500 for sale. Woundering if anyone has one, if so how they like it. If I wind up with it it would be used with a L3700. Thanks for any thoughts.

/ Woods backhoe #2  
I had one years ago and it did what it was supposed to do. It was my first and only "tractor" backhoe so I can't offer any comparisons, but I really liked the 3pt. hookup vs. subframe & self contained hyd (pto).
It beat the heck out of a shovel & pick!

/ Woods backhoe #3  
I have a woods 750 that came off a ford and remounted it on my 3430 with a new woods 3pt kit. I have had no problems thus far other than bending top link pins and having a blue BH on an orange tractor.
Beats the shovel!

/ Woods backhoe #4  
I have Woods 750 3PH backhoe on a Massey Ferguson 1020. It has worked well; agree that the PTO pump can be an advantage if there isn't a high hydraulic flow rate on the tractor. The 1020 loader is only rated at 500 lbs, so I need all the flow rate I can get!

/ Woods backhoe #5  
I"ve got a Woods 7500 on the back of a NewHolland TC29D. It is subframe mounted and uses the tractor's hydraulics, works great.

/ Woods backhoe #6  
Woods makes quality implements. It's sort of small, but if the tool matches the task it will work fine for a long time. Kubota offers a 3pt top link strengthening kit -- GET ONE. Just remember, you have a small hoe on a fairly small machine, don't get cocky or the tractor could suffer ! And have the utility company come out and mark all lines. Then photo the flags so you don't ever forget. If you have gas or fiber lines stay 10ft away. The marks are not that accurate and the consequences of cutting those lines are steep. Cut a fiber optic line and you will be charged for loss of service, no not your service the 10,000 people attached to it!

/ Woods backhoe #7  
I have a 7500 and it is/was a nice backhoe for it's time. Underpowered compared to the new Groundbreaker X series. Compare the specs the 80X has significantly more bucket curl and dipper power. I overpaid for my 7500 (ashamed to say how much) and at times wish I had spent a few grand more for the 80X. The 70X is a bit smaller but still more powerful than the 7500 (based on specs not first hand use).

If the 7500 is a good deal (less than $4000) I would go for it. If you are getting into $5-$6K (with subframe) I might look at the newer series if I were you.

If you go subframe get the 4 point one.(woods offers 2 types) Another mistake I made!

/ Woods backhoe #8  
I have a Woods BH70X and am happy with it. It is a subframe mount which seems to work good with this tractor. This is the only experience I have with a Woods implement, and I am happy with it. Have you had an opportunity to try it out?

/ Woods backhoe #9  
I've had a Woods 750 on my L3710 for several years and been very please with the results. It is surprising how much work it can get done and when the task is large you just take smaller bites of the elephant.

/ Woods backhoe #10  
I've had a Woods 750 on my L3710 for several years and been very please with the results. It is surprising how much work it can get done and when the task is large you just take smaller bites of the elephant.

I have the same setup Woods 750 on Kubota L3710 I've had no problems in 9 years. I would have preferred a bigger BH but my machine came with the 750. The only difference is a half hour job with a 90 will take 45 mins with a 750.