Mid-mount... blower? Does such an animal exist?

/ Mid-mount... blower? Does such an animal exist? #1  

Ken73

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
Not a snow blower - I'm so far south that we almost never see snow. (Once in ten years is a LOT.)

I'm thinking more along the lines of a giant leaf blower under the belly. I've got a metric buttload of acorns from all my oaks this year and a little handheld won't cut it. That and the leaves will be a nightmare soon enough.

/ Mid-mount... blower? Does such an animal exist? #2  
Not a snow blower - I'm so far south that we almost never see snow. (Once in ten years is a LOT.)

I'm thinking more along the lines of a giant leaf blower under the belly. I've got a metric buttload of acorns from all my oaks this year and a little handheld won't cut it. That and the leaves will be a nightmare soon enough.

Never seen a belly mount leaf blower. Have seen three point, but they are expensive. The three point take a lot of horse power, but will move leave and acrons. Dangerous to be in front of when in operation. I am sure if a mid mount is available Ted will know. Tractor 3 Point Hitch & Pull Type AgriMetal Blowers, PTO Driven and Gasoline Engine Powered

/ Mid-mount... blower? Does such an animal exist? #3  
   / Mid-mount... blower? Does such an animal exist? #4  
I have seen a sweeper for the front. I doubt it would be cheap since you would have to buy the sub frame, the PTO kit, and the sweeper.

/ Mid-mount... blower? Does such an animal exist? #6  
A cheap alternative would be one of the pull behind sweepers.If your ground is flat they work pretty good at picking up acorns,nuts and sweet gum balls.
Lawn Sweeper | QC Supply

/ Mid-mount... blower? Does such an animal exist? #7  
A sweeper would be the ideal tool, but are relatively expensive.

/ Mid-mount... blower? Does such an animal exist?
I was thinking mid-mount so it'd be out of the way; that and I could have my finish mower on the back and be able to blow the crud off the driveway with it (or leaves for that matter) without having to detach/reattach the mower.

/ Mid-mount... blower? Does such an animal exist? #10  
Might be able to mount a 3 point one on the front and use a 4-1 reducer to drop the 2000RPM mid PTO to 540ish, but it would not be cheap.

Aaron Z