Work light connectors for my L5240.

/ Work light connectors for my L5240. #1  

ka41

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 L5240HST
Have any of you added work lights to your Grand L series tractors? I know that there are 3 green connectors behind the seat that are capable of 10 amps I believe. How did you make the connection? Did you cut off one the green connectors and splice the wires or is there a pigtail with a plug that will mate to the connector? I will be installing four 27w LED'S with separate switches for the front and rear so I will not be overloading the circuit.

/ Work light connectors for my L5240. #2  
I ran my own circuit from battery, fuse, switch, to light. Turned out very clean. Philip.

Attachments

• IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 926
  • LIGHTS01.jpg
    LIGHTS01.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 732
  • LIGHTS04.jpg
    LIGHTS04.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 608
   / Work light connectors for my L5240.
Philip, thanks for the advice but I thought it would be easier to just tap in to the existing green connector. I just talked to a local kubota dealer about a harness for the green plugs and its going to cost around $27 each. No thanks. I guess I'll have to cut the green plug off and splice the wires unless some of you know where I can get a plug harness.

/ Work light connectors for my L5240. #4  
There is supposed to be a worklight circuit taped up near the right side ROPS or right rear taillight. I believe Kubota provides the connectors on all of their tractors for the factory work lights. They are hidden in black tape.

I ran a deditcate circuit myself from the battery to a small fuse block which I mounted in the factory toolbox. I ran lights and a lighter plug off it.

green_connectors1.jpg
I copied this picture from another post. The connectors are there, I was wondering where I could find the male plug for this connection other than the dealer.

/ Work light connectors for my L5240. #6  
I don't think those are the work light connectors as they normally are a bullet type connector.

/ Work light connectors for my L5240. #7  
Every work light connector I have discovered and used was covered/concealed in black electrical tape at the location of the amber flashers ( cabbed models).

/ Work light connectors for my L5240. #8  
If your setup is the same as my 3240, and it sounds like it is, you are correct about the three green connectors being for the work lights. BTW they all go to the same 10A fuse.
I tried to find a plug in connector myself. No luck. They are just female spade connectors inside the green plastic plug. DON"T CUT OFF THE GREEN PLUG!! You can get male spade connectors at any auto parts store, elect. supply, ect. That's what I did to hook up my lights.:thumbsup:

thCA52LIB7.jpg

Best, Bill

Thanks Notforhire, thats what I wanted to hear.

/ Work light connectors for my L5240. #10  
I have thought of using those plugs for work lights too. If you use those plugs, do you need to add a switch between the light and the connector? It is unclear if the plug it always hot or if its tied to another switch (i.e. headlights).