Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B2630, '53 Farmall Super H, '47 Farmall AI, '44 Farmall A

Quote Originally Posted by bandit67 View Post

Yeah, I realize why they said what they said. But I also stated in my post that in my experience, the SUDT, which is synthetic, also handles the heat better than UDT. The benefits of synthetic are seen in BOTH extreme heat & extreme cold. I run synthetic in all of my equipment and vehicles, and have operated them from -30* to 108* F.

I also mentioned that the UDT seems to overheat, as evidenced by the smell and the decrease in performance, whereas the SUDT doesn't seem to overheat or lose performance.

SUDT is most definitely NOT synthetic. This has been discussed numerous times over many years.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Re: B 26 backhoe running slower and slower

Isn't the new SUDT2 finally a synthetic?It's all our local dealer has had in stock since last year.Which has bandit67 been using?

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by number two View Post
    Isn't the new SUDT2 finally a synthetic?It's all our local dealer has had in stock since last year.Which has bandit67 been using?
    Would love to know with certainty. I am trying to find where I read that it has "synthetic properties".....whatever that means!
    Not that it matters to me. I will continue using it either way!
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' Modern Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!!, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Tractor

They are very vague - purposely. The label states "superior synthetic performance", but it does not say that it is a synthetic oil anywhere. In fact, if you look up the MSDS for the product, it is labeled as a petroleum distillate product and makes no reference anywhere to synthetic formulas or properties.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    My backhoe seems to be getting slower and slower and also lacking the power it had when I got it. The filters were changed at 50 hours and now it has about 220. Anyone have this problem and what did you do to fix it. I am going to go get some hydraulic filters tomorrow and change them to see if that helps. The hydrastatic drive works as it should and also the FEL seems to work OK, just the backhoe seems to be slow and it seems that when the oil gets hot, it works even slower. Relief valve may be in need of adjustment on the hoe but I dont know if there is a separate one for it from the FEL or not.
    I think a flow meter and pressure test is in order to reaffirm the tractors hyd's is putting out the specified flow and pressure.

If the tractor hyd is working correctly, then there is something giving you the perception that the BH is slower than new .

If the BH valve is rated for the tractor flow, maybe the relief valve is not set right. It should be the same as tractor or FEL relief valve.

BH hyd components may just be worn, causing a loss of speed and power.

Is engine rpm up to max or recommend speed for BH operation.

If you install a hyd gage where you can see it while operating the BH, it will help you trouble shoot and analyze the hyd system.
    Last edited by J_J; 12-09-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota B26

I also had a problem with the backhoe speed on my B26. My problem was only with one control stick.
    The sticks each control two valves and have one pivot point. This pivot point is bolted to the top of one of the valves. Metric but around a 10/32 size.
    My problem was one bolt broke and the other loosened up. Because it happened slowly I did not notice that I had a lot of play in the stick. Eventually I was not able to open the valves all the way and it appeared that the backhoe was slowing. But only on one control stick.
    I got real lucky and was able to back out the broken screw without removing the whole valve. Real lucky. I was grinning big time.

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Quote Originally Posted by number two View Post
    Sorry, I forgot there are now 3 different versions - UDT, SUDT, SUDT2.

It's the SUDT2 I've been using. It says on the jug "Superior Synthetic Performance". That tells me that it is a synthetic - they are not allowed to claim synthetic or synthetic performance if it is not synthetic. If they claimed "synthetic-like performance", then maybe I'd believe it was not synthetic. The fact that they label the oil as being "Superior Synthetic Performance" leads me to believe that they are claiming the SUDT2, as a synthetic, performs better than non-synthetic oil.

The only caveat to the SUDT2 could be that it MAY be a Group 3 synthetic base stock, which is a severly hydrocracked regular oil that can be called synthetic due to the hydrocracking and sythetic additives. I prefer true synthetic Group 4 or 5 base stocks, but in hydro oils, it seems even more difficult to find those.

So, I believe the SUDT2 is what is considered to be a synthetic, AND, personal experience has shown me that it is superior to UDT in overall performance, and does quiet down the HST significantly.

I'm going to do a bit more research to see what more I can find out about SUDT2, and also see if I can find any Group 4 or 5 base stock Hydro oils out there before I get to my 50 hour service.
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Tractor

Bandit,

Not to get too off topic, and sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but... I have a B2630 and when I read that you made the switch to Super with the 3030 (same machine) it got my attention. I've been thinking I'd make the switch to Super myself just to see if it made a difference in the hydro whine. In the big scheme of things it's really not that much money, so I figured what the heck. Just curious if you noticed a difference in your hydro noise when you switched?

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Quote Originally Posted by bandit67 View Post
    So, I believe the SUDT2 is what is considered to be a synthetic, AND, personal experience has shown me that it is superior to UDT in overall performance, and does quiet down the HST significantly.
    Yes - see above.
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Well I have only 220 hours on the way to the 400 hours oil change. May give the synthetic a shot if I can find it. May have to use something other than SUDT2 if dealer doesnt carry it.
    Still havent had a chance to check out the working of it since I changed the filters
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast