3-Point Hitch BX2230 Drill Boom won't return

/ BX2230 Drill Boom won't return #1  

WJF17

Tractor
BX2230
Just drilling a hole in soft sand with a L7200JR Junior Tractor Post Hole Digger on my BX2230. Everything was working well when suddenly the boom would not return and kept trying to go deeper. Shut off drill rotation in order to stop drill attempting further decent. Boom will not return but everything else on tractor seems to work. Any suggestions?

/ BX2230 Drill Boom won't return #3  
It'd be nice if the PHD had a hole in the shaft so you could rotate it with a big cheater bar, but a big pipe wrench would probably do the trick too. The time I got mine stuck I wound up wiggling it back and forth with the tractor itself and attempting to lift as I went. Took me a while but I did get it. (Mine caught on an old tree root and just spun right into the ground!) That's when I looked around and wondered why there was no reverse on the PTO too!

/ BX2230 Drill Boom won't return #4  
just shift the pto selector to MMM only and then use a monkey wrench to turn the shaft the other way for every turn you make, lift the 3 pt little by little till its out.

/ BX2230 Drill Boom won't return #5  
Next time dont let the drill auger in, lift it out to clear the debris and then drop it back in the hole. Augering in a post hole digger is a common error for first time users. A few times having to "unscrew" the auger will make you a lot more cautious and more likely to clear the auger much more than necessary. Of course this still doesnt keep the auger from haning up on tree roots or rocks.

/ BX2230 Drill Boom won't return #6  
Always be prepared to turn it off!! Happened a couple of times to me...unscrew it is the way to go!

/ BX2230 Drill Boom won't return
Thanks for all the replies. Ended up unpinning the auger from the unit in order to be able to get the tractor off of the spot. Pulled the auger out of the sand with my 4x4 pick up truck. Will be much more careful digging holes in the future.