Loader bucket levelling aid

/ Loader bucket levelling aid #1  

john haylow

Tractor
kubota
I have an older L3650 with a LA650 loader that I like to have some type of a levelling aid so I know when my bucket is level. I was wondering if anyone has made or has an idea for this.
Thanks,
John

/ Loader bucket levelling aid #2  
Here's a mechanism that I built for my LA302. The link to the bucket rotates the Curved piece to indicate level.
The middle indicator is linked to the loader frame to indicate level at the current height.
The outer indicator is fixed to indicate level when all the way down.
It takes a bit of tinkering to get everything right, but once it is set it works very well.

Attachments

• Level Indicator.JPG
    Level Indicator.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 713
   / Loader bucket levelling aid #3  
Nice job, My dealer included one with the loader at no charge. I like the one you built better as you can use it to identify the degree of the bucket. I may paint some markers on the stick one that I have. Thanks.

/ Loader bucket levelling aid #4  
John,, I have one,, it's just a 3/8 inch rod that run thru a 1/2 inch piece of pipe.. the 3/8 is welded to the back of the bucket and pipe in weld to the side of lifter,, when the bucket tiles the rod moves up and down,, I see it from the cab.. I will take a picture of it tomorrow for you.. simple device,, Lou

/ Loader bucket levelling aid #5  
Here's a mechanism that I built for my LA302. The link to the bucket rotates the Curved piece to indicate level.
The middle indicator is linked to the loader frame to indicate level at the current height.
The outer indicator is fixed to indicate level when all the way down.
It takes a bit of tinkering to get everything right, but once it is set it works very well.

That is a neat setup. Looks like you have 2 pointers and a rod heading toward the back of the tractor. That for when the bucket is in the air? I'd like to see more on how things are attached. Thanks!

/ Loader bucket levelling aid #6  
That is a neat setup. Looks like you have 2 pointers and a rod heading toward the back of the tractor. That for when the bucket is in the air? I'd like to see more on how things are attached. Thanks!
Kinda difficult to get a much better picture of it because the tractor is in the way.
The link going toward the rear attaches to the fixed loader frame and moves the middle pointer. That pointer indicates the bucket angle at the current loader height. The outer pointer is fixed to the lift frame and indicates the angle when the loader is at ground level. When the loader is at ground level the two pointers will line up.

/ Loader bucket levelling aid #7  
Many have a bent piece of metal strap welded to the top of the bucket so that when the strap is level the bottom of the bucket is level. Simple.

/ Loader bucket levelling aid #8  
john_bud said:
Many have a bent piece of metal strap welded to the top of the bucket so that when the strap is level the bottom of the bucket is level. Simple.

Great idea!

/ Loader bucket levelling aid #9  
I know lots of people like the indicators but they only work when it is on the ground. I took mine off because I do better by looking at the top of the bucket to tell if its level. This won't work if the top of your bucket isn't flat.

I use pallet forks a lot too, so I have plenty of experience.

/ Loader bucket levelling aid #10  

Maybe I'm missing something here, but on my old FEL (and most other "Orange" that I have seen) there is a piece of steel flat stock welded on top of the bucket parallel with the bottom of the bucket showing you the angle of the bucket. Is that what the question is, knowing whether your bucket is flat with the ground, or somewhat level when in the air?

Ron