Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota L3200

Default Re: B2920 not a popular tractor

The B2920 is identical to the B2620 except for the engine and the hood decals. I know the 2620 is a very popular seller. So I wouldn't have reservations about either in terms of parts, etc.

When I was shopping, the salesman was aiming me at the 2620, saying that the 2920 was $700 more and all you get was 3 extra HP. Well I got to thinking about it, and decided the extra HP was a good idea, and I have never regretted it. Especially when running my wood chipper off the PTO. It may only translate to a an extra 1-2 HP at the PTO, but the more the better.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Ford 2N

I would get what you want from another dealer and then go back and tell him why.

Or if it is just a salary salesman, then tell the manager or owner that you are calling BS on the salesman.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Quote Originally Posted by s219
    The B2920 is identical to the B2620 except for the engine and the hood decals. I know the 2620 is a very popular seller. So I wouldn't have reservations about either in terms of parts, etc.

When I was shopping, the salesman was aiming me at the 2620, saying that the 2920 was $700 more and all you get was 3 extra HP. Well I got to thinking about it, and decided the extra HP was a good idea, and I have never regretted it. Especially when running my wood chipper off the PTO. It may only translate to a an extra 1-2 HP at the PTO, but the more the better.
    I was given the same talking points, but they never said the b2920 was unpopular. In fact I called around, and a more rural dealer said they would never sell anything smaller than the b2920. The b2620 and the b2920 are practicly the same. There are a lot more differences between them and the 2320. I really didn't see an advantage in the 2 extra hp, and I have never regreted saving the 1k. I mainly wanted the clearance and extra lift over the small one, so the b2620 was where I ended up. I love using it with the fel, rfm, and a tiller. Always plenty of power for what I throw at it.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota b2920

Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    I run a wood chipper off mine too, which was the main reason to get it (and that it was the most commonly available used when I looked). In that application you can use as much HP as you can get, and I figured no one ever complains about having too much HP, but have too little and its a costly fix!

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    You might ask Mesicks about parts availability on the 2920. I doubt its a problem. Shoot, I was always able to get parts for my 1983 B6200.

I sold it last year and got the 2620 used for a good deal. But if I hadn't found that deal, I was going to get a new 2920.
    Yea, thats total bunk. Zero reason to worry about parts.

Tractor
    Kubota 2920

I agree with everyone else. Its a bunch of crap. I have a 2920 at home and a 3000 at work. I stepped up from a BX 22 to the 2920. I have had it for a little over a year now and have had absolutely no issues at all. There is only two things I wish I had and that is a hydraulic thumb on the backhoe and an alternator. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by tpflyer View Post
    stepped up from a BX 22 to the 2920. I have had it for a little over a year now
    Hey Flyer, better update your tractor info. It says on the side you still have the BX.

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

Quote Originally Posted by kuboman View Post
    Parts??? Most of the parts on all the B**20's are the same. Only real difference is the engine and it is used in hundreds of other applications. Sounds like a dealer not wanting to sell something he didn't have in stock.
    What a tractor dealer or appliance dealer .... has is stock
    A sales person who doesn't listen to YOU always has something better that you need in stock.
    A GOOD sales person listens to you and will hunt down what you want if they don't have it or at least try first.
    2012 JD 2320, HOMEMADE CANOPY, 54" FRONT BLADE, 54" MID DECK MOWER, HYDRAULIC ANGLE 60" REAR BLADE, QUICK HITCH, STAINLESS FRONT MOUNT SPRAY TANK W/BOOM, 200CX LOADER W/ 61" BUCKET, HOMEMADE BALLAST BOX,HOMEMADE BUCKET GRAPPLE
    1998 "BIG DOOLEY" Chevy K3500 Crew Cab (36.000 miles & counting)

United Steel Workers Union 12934

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD

Parts not available? That salesman needs a different job. They are still made- how can parts be hard to get?
    "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..." Romans 1:16
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
    94 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Quote Originally Posted by hodge
    Parts not available? That salesman needs a different job. They are still made- how can parts be hard to get?
    In all fairness, and I am not certain if it was only fallout after the tsunami, I have encountered trouble getting a radiator hose. That is something that should not be that hard to get. Dealer made good though. I like my dealer. Wish I had more money to spend there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12