Snow Kubota front snow blade suggestions

/ Kubota front snow blade suggestions #21  
Man 4shorts! I'd never get out of that thing. Nice work.

/ Kubota front snow blade suggestions #22  
Man 4shorts! I'd never get out of that thing. Nice work.

Thanks dad ;) I've had fun doing this thing up a bit. It's got almost 80 hours on it now. Might be time to trade it in a new 60 series (If my wife see's this post I'm a dead man ) :eek: traded the 4240 in at 200 hours. If you haven't seen the vid on this 5740 here's the link. appreciate your kind words. Happy Holidays :thumbsup:

Kubota 5740 upgrades - YouTube

/ Kubota front snow blade suggestions #23  
I think I saw a Northern Tools hydraulic upper link shock absorber listed. Not a top/tilt, device but a shock absorber. A Bilstein for your blade...

Not familiar with a pull type blower, only a three point hitch one or in front. You guys in the real North have some interesting equipment. I'll start Googling.

But if I spend 2500 bucks on the snowblade and it doesn't snow, well...perhaps Gloobal Wandering really has arrived.

Please, please do spend the 2500 bucks -- that will guarantee no snow for next 2-3 yrs. One year, I stood in the farm store and debated about another pair of rubber (cheap) boots or some nice insulated lace-up jobbies. I sprung for the lace-up boots and they sat in the box for a year before I had a need for them.

/ Kubota front snow blade suggestions #24  
Has anyone used rubber cutting edges from Rubber Cutting Edges | PlowRubber Products ? I sent an email and got a reply -- 5ft piece was priced (but don't quote me) at $75. That seems reasonable if it can be flipped over, used for 2-3 (4,5?) seasons...

/ Kubota front snow blade suggestions #25  
I put a skid steer QA plate on a 9' Western truck plow for the front of my tractor.
I have around 400 to $500 invested in this plow.

Big Plow, Have you used it yet? DK 35 with 9' blade might have troble with loader handling blade in heavy snow.
I did same as you with but an 8' Commercial Fisher on my L39. I'll post how it all works after its first real use.

Daugen, 7' on 5740 is too small, you need a trip blade.

/ Kubota front snow blade suggestions #26  
Big Plow, Have you used it yet? DK 35 with 9' blade might have troble with loader handling blade in heavy snow.
I did same as you with but an 8' Commercial Fisher on my L39. I'll post how it all works after its first real use.
I used the plow last winter.
I run chains on all 4 and it worked good on the snow we had. But we had a very mild winter.
I'm waiting for a big snow to put it to the test. Judging from last year, I'm confident that my DK will handle it fine.

Attachments

• HPIM1031.JPG
    HPIM1031.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 357
   / Kubota front snow blade suggestions
Daugen, 7' on 5740 is too small, you need a trip blade.

agreed on trip blade, have transport weight issues so rear tires are not filled, yet...nor do I want to use chains due to macadam scratching, so have been conservative in blade size thinking.
The farm lane being plowed is fairly narrow, so I thought going down each side with a seven footer would take care of things. We have had several multi foot snow storms in recent memory and I'm trying to
make sure the aged property owners can get out ok. the rear road is very flat, so that is pretty easy, but the front lane has a serious hill on it, some curves and a blind crest. I will definitely plow that going down hill only. The open areas, and parking areas, well, like most, it's where do I push this stuff and not wreck some delicate landscaping.

I did a lot of plowing as a kid, my Dad was generous enough to let me use our John Deere B to plow out the neighbors, who of course were happy to pay me for my efforts. This was the 50
s so it was modest compensation. 5 bucks was big and 10 was memorable. I drove, I plowed, I froze, and Dad paid for the gas, and when I broke something on a hidden object, a snow IED, he was ok with picking up the tab on that. He wanted to help the neighbors and was happy to volunteer my efforts. So I've been peeling up grass, leaving tire tracks, and wrecking little mugo pines for a long time. But the worst is sucking into the snowblower a telephone book some cretinous delivery person threw out the night of the big storm. Man can those thing wedge in there. So far, the Ariens and Gravely blowers have not broken, but it took over an hour to get one really big phone book out. Even a Gravely "dog eater" can clog...luckily never hit an animal with it.

90 inches, maybe 96 should do it.

Let's see. Do I want to plow in the heated comfort of my Kubota, or freeze my rear end off on the open snow blown seat of the Gravely, blowing snow for quite some distance? It's actually not too bad until the wind kicks up. The warm cab and lack of icy wind is making this plow seem like a wise decision. It's not super expensive, well less than half the cost of a front mounted blower, and I don't like to be cold. Seems like a real easy decision to me...:) And I'm very impressed with my Long grapple bucket so having one of their snow plows, even their lighter weight model this time, seems logical too. The Long plow is substantially less expensive than some, but of course, more expensive than others. Somebody will always test the market and try to make a profit on a high margin due to low quality product. But have a bad Consumer Reports write up or get blackballed by Amazon.com and see sales plummet. But if you're the least expensive, that in itself is a potent marketing lure to dangle in front of the Black Friday mentality shopper.

I have a subsoiler built by the Cain Bros. from the same neck of the woods, and it is built like a tank. My experience with Southern mfg equipment is very good.

/ Kubota front snow blade suggestions #28  
Daugen

O YOU HAVE A BOX BLADE OR SOMTHING TO HANG OFF THE 3 PT FOR WEIGHT AND BALANCE?

/ Kubota front snow blade suggestions
yes, oem ballast box full of steel weights. s/b close to 1000 pounds plus 400 pounds of rear wheel weights just added. I'm trading off traction to try to be low impact, and actually be able
to tow the tractor and plow with my 9400 pound capacity suburban. R4 tires, which sure are not like my other R1's. Thanks.

O YOU HAVE A BOX BLADE OR SOMTHING TO HANG OFF THE 3 PT FOR WEIGHT AND BALANCE?[/QUOTE]

/ Kubota front snow blade suggestions #30  
I have a L4740 with a 84" Kubota Power angle blade, I have a 1/4 mile road to plow, bucket loaders is useless on long roads, a blade rolls the snow and makes quick work of clearing a road or large parking lot. The loader arms being hinged so high tends to let the bucket dig in the surface being plowed. I personally wouldn't want anything but a snow plow to clear snow.