Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

Default Kubota front snow blade suggestions

My local dealer has suggested a seven foot WR Long snow blade, for a price around 2300 which includes shipping and all the connections. FBH84 This is also about the same price Everything Attachments shows, so I know it's in the right range.
    It's the lighter duty one, I'm pushing snow only, unlikely will push much gravel, though possible. Power angle, and I already have the third front connector.
    I can find very few other options out there, which surprised me. Meyers makes one, big bucks, likely very HD.
    I'm considering this for a long farm macadam driveway, almost 3/4 mile since there is a front end and a back end section. Last time I plowed snow with a blade was as a kid with a John Deere B and a manually pumped hydraulic lift. Like to forget that
    experience of pumping my arm off.

I have a cab 5740 and the dealer suggested a seven footer to clear the rear tires on tilt. It all makes sense to me, the price seems reasonable, but wonder if others have found different solutions. I already have a Long grapple bucket, with big teeth on it, so that isn't going to help me with snow for sure. thanks. Drew
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long grapple, 1986 Case IH 255, Land Pride PD10 PHD, Land Pride RCR60 & RCF2084 mowers, Land Pride 4' box blade and rear rake, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mower, Gravely snowblower, Swisher 44 rough cut mower,Ariens snowblower, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2006 JD LX280, , 1968 Cub Cadet 125, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2710

Default Re: Kubota front snow blade suggestions

A possibly cheaper option would be a rear blade, you can either drag it or turn the blade around and push backwards if you don't like driving through the snow first. That also has other uses in the summer. I like having the FEL available, but if you can't take your teeth off I guess it's not too useful. Not sure how much more it would cost, but front blowers are nice. You might be able to run a hydraulic motor with your size tractor, and not have to do the big driveshaft/gearbox thing.
    Kubota B2710, New Holland CM274 front mower, Toro Zmaster ZTR, Ford 908 bush hog, New Idea manure spreader, Swisher trail mower

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

I have bad arthritis in my neck and can't turn my head easily, so going backwards is a non starter for me. The front blower is nice, but really expensive, somewhere in the 6000 dollar range after all the extra equipment is added. That's what I'd like but way over my budget. Actually, I can take the teeth off my bucket, but does a bucket work on long straightaways? I understand a "pusher bucket" but mine is plain jane.
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long grapple, 1986 Case IH 255, Land Pride PD10 PHD, Land Pride RCR60 & RCF2084 mowers, Land Pride 4' box blade and rear rake, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mower, Gravely snowblower, Swisher 44 rough cut mower,Ariens snowblower, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2006 JD LX280, , 1968 Cub Cadet 125, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

I put a Curtis 7' plow with skid steer attachment on the loader of my L3540. I agree with you that a rear blade is a pain to use. I tried it for one winter and bought a front mount plow half way through the winter. A blower is also a non starter for me as I am clearing a stone road and all a blower does is throw stones and break shear pins. I would suggest at least an 8 foot blade for your tractor.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

Kubota front snow blade suggestions-100_0818.jpgI have a 8ft .converted truck plow,8ft.,I wouldn't want any smaller on my L4240.Also use a seven ft.rear blade.I think Curtis makes FEL mounted plows.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX4700HST

I use a 7.5' Meyer on my MX4700. It has the SSQA mount and power angle. I can use the curl/dump to change the 'cut' angle of the blade and the float feature of the FEL to follow the contours. The power angle is hooked up to a rear remote for me. Wouldn't want any smaller. It is good to keep it as close coupled to the loader mount as possible. I keep about 1200lbs of weight on the 3pt when plowing.

Tractor
    kioti DS4510HST

I ran across a post on a different forum -- here's a link to the photo of a plastic-blade (but HD metal brackets). http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...20bar/re11.jpg

I like this mounting -- it's close to the loader frame instead of sticking out a ways. He posted a video with more details.

I was wondering if a person could buy a 3-pt QA adapter and use a 3pt rear blade, but have it out in front (either use the back of the blade or turn the blade so that it faces forward). Would that work?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

Quote Originally Posted by davel8257 View Post
    I was wondering if a person could buy a 3-pt QA adapter and use a 3pt rear blade, but have it out in front (either use the back of the blade or turn the blade so that it faces forward). Would that work?
    You realy should have trip springs on a snow plow for when you hit something solid.
    With that setup you would have no trip spring protection.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

I put a skid steer QA plate on a 9' Western truck plow for the front of my tractor.
    I have around 400 to $500 invested in this plow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kubota front snow blade suggestions-hpim1027.jpg  
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2710

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    Actually, I can take the teeth off my bucket, but does a bucket work on long straightaways? I understand a "pusher bucket" but mine is plain jane.
    There's pros and cons to using a bucket. With a plow and a lot of snow, eventually you run out of places to push it and sometimes you damage things like fences and gate posts. With a bucket at least you can scoop it up and carry it out of the way. But for that long a straightaway you'll have to stop a fair bit and move the pile you've created off to the side. Time consuming but doable. Since you own a bucket, I'd try that for one season and see how it goes. The price is right.
    Kubota B2710, New Holland CM274 front mower, Toro Zmaster ZTR, Ford 908 bush hog, New Idea manure spreader, Swisher trail mower

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast