Kubota Electric lift pump failure? Ever happen? No start issue. Gelling?

/ Kubota Electric lift pump failure? Ever happen? No start issue. Gelling?
Got the tractor in some heat. Its been in a warm environment for about 24h. Tested the pump today by turning the key on. Pump gave the loud rattle for over 10min until I shut the key off. This was through the primary filter too.

The clicking of the pump never actually stopped clicking even when the tractor was cold, the clicking just got much quieter. Im going to test my theory that fuel starvation is causing the "quiet" pump by pinching off the fuel line and see if the noise changes. I still believe that the main issue is the primary filter freezing up in the cold and the pump is fine.

Im also in process of installing a spin on Racor filter and removing the factory Kubota filter that I will document in another thread.

Did a quick test prior to installing the new filter. There is a loudness change as I clamped the line. I dont know if I had a good clamp however and the test was not definitive, because the rattle got louder when the clamp was on just before I removed it. This was inside, +15*C. The real test will be to see if the fuel delivery problem returns in the cold with the new filter installed. If it does, I think I'll get a new pump, hopefully under warranty.

The Racor install thread is posted here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/268153-adding-spin-racor-filter-bx25.html

/ Kubota Electric lift pump failure? Ever happen? No start issue. Gelling? #23  
scooby may I suggest that if it happens again {if I'm reading this right its working now] try disconecting the line feeding the pump and hook up a temp. known good,clean, not gelled can of fuel to it see if problem is gone. if it is you know you got some junk in the tank. Seen a few tank nipples almost blocked and several blocked. cold fuel doesn't flow like warm fuel. good luck

scooby may I suggest that if it happens again {if I'm reading this right its working now] try disconecting the line feeding the pump and hook up a temp. known good,clean, not gelled can of fuel to it see if problem is gone. if it is you know you got some junk in the tank. Seen a few tank nipples almost blocked and several blocked. cold fuel doesn't flow like warm fuel. good luck

Yeah, junk in the tank was a consideration for sure. To check, I cut open the old filter when I pulled it, it was spotless inside, so im going to assume that the tank is clean.

/ Kubota Electric lift pump failure? Ever happen? No start issue. Gelling? #25  
Have you thought about putting something on the line to insulate it since you live in a cold environment?