BH Stabilizer Holder

/ BH Stabilizer Holder #1  

Mac in PA

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3800, Austin Western Pacer 100
Ok, so I don't have a good name for it.

In order to make more room in the garage I park the tractor with the wheels almost against the wall. This is OK for a few days but after a week or more the stabilizers drift down against the wall. Not good for drywall.

After some extensive thought and careful engineering (and a beer or two), I came up with a solution. I used a chain and welded a bolt on each end so it can be attached between the stabilizers preventing drift down.

Of course the proper color paint was also required. :D

HPIM4346R1.JPG HPIM4347R1.JPG

/ BH Stabilizer Holder #4  
Looks much better than the ratchet strap that I use for my BH stabilizers.

/ BH Stabilizer Holder #5  
thavil said:
Looks much better than the ratchet strap that I use for my BH stabilizers.

Bungie here too, Tod!

/ BH Stabilizer Holder #6  
I don't use my tractor much, but the stabilizers do not drift. Guess that's good.

/ BH Stabilizer Holder
I don't use my tractor much, but the stabilizers do not drift. Guess that's good.

Mine didn't drift either when it was new.

The seals in your cylinders are probably still tight on the rod and in the cylinder bore to cause enough friction to prevent drift.

Mac

/ BH Stabilizer Holder #8  
I use a ratchet strap but I do like your solution. :thumbsup:

/ BH Stabilizer Holder #9  
I use a ratchet strap but I do like your solution. :thumbsup:

Ratchet strap is how I do it. works great. Leave it a little loose when you put it on so that when you start up all you need to do is raise the stabilizers all the way up and just slide the hooks off, no adjusting or fussing. then just rehook when all the way up and let the hydro's relax and the strap stops it after an inch of movement. Oh yes i have thought this out. Simple and quick.

/ BH Stabilizer Holder #10  
Mine didn't sag when new but now with only 70 hrs they'll droop several inches in a couple days. The more annoying part is that when I remove the BH, there is enough sag that unless I block up the frame, it will drop to the ground in a few hours and then the hoses are fiddle tight to reconnect to raise and remount it.

To me, ZERO sag is acceptable. Over the entire winter maybe, over night or a week, it shouldn't move at all. I'm trying to get answers from my dealer as to just how much sag is acceptable by Kubota