Just got me "new to me" BX1800 - couple of questions

/ Just got me "new to me" BX1800 - couple of questions #1  

kwolfe

Platinum Member
Just picked up a BX1800 with 311hrs this past weekend. I used to have a BX1500 a few years ago and should have never gotten rid of it. Glad to be back in the club though. It came with a toothbar on the loader and 5ft Kodiak rear blade. Appears to be in pretty good shape. Couple of things I am looking for though and thought some of you might be able to help me out.

1) The tractor came with turfs and I would prefer to get R1s however I have seen that the cheapest you can get tires and rims are from Kubota Wholesale and its still $400. Does anyone have or know of a good place to go to get a slight use set. I would be more than willing to trade with someone. I am going to be doing a fair amount of loader work in the beging and would really like the extra traction.

2) If I can't find ags, woudl tire chains work as well? Has anyone used rubber chains? I would prefer them so I don't scratch up the driveway (been there). Front and rear?

3) If anyone wants a rear blade, I would be willing to sell of trade plus cash for a box blade.

Thanks in advance for any help.

/ Just got me "new to me" BX1800 - couple of questions #2  
Welcome to the 3-cylinder club! 1500's are nice, but the 3 cyl is so much smoother. I tried out a used 1500 before I bought my new 1860 and it was very impressive, but I'm glad I took the step up--never looked back.

Don't know what to tell you about the R1's, though. Good luck.

/ Just got me "new to me" BX1800 - couple of questions #3  
   / Just got me "new to me" BX1800 - couple of questions #4  
My experience with a BX2660 was uneventiful using turf tires doing a lot of loader work in rocky soil, lifting large native stone, moving tons and tons of driveway gravel and decorative rock, and dirt. I had a Tooth Bar on the bucket and a Rear Blade for ballast and grading. Currently I have a B2620 which has R4 (industrial) tires mounted, which will probably take more punishment. But they do tear up the turf more than those turf tires did. The turfs also did well in the big snows of 2009 and 2010 here in Kansas. The turfs were not filled or chained but ballast was used in most cases. Good luck in your plans.
Mike