tooth bar

/ tooth bar #1  

coho

Hi:
New (to me) B7610 and I want a tooth bar. My search here on these forums suggests that the WR Long is the way to go. I checked them out at (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) and find that the ftb48 fits a 44 to 54 inch bucket if I read the information correctly. My bucket is roughly 49 inches. Then a series of pictures shows the steps to bolt this on. i don't understand how, for instance a 48 inch long bar bolts into a 49 inch bucket. What about the gap at either end? Or are these bars made individually and the price quote is for all those from 44 to 54 inches, and the product number is simply ftb48? Finally, does anyone have any other suggestions for tooth bars? Thanks.

/ tooth bar #2  
Subscribed.

/ tooth bar #3  
:welcome:
A tooth bar is a great addition, you'll love it.
Price and shipping costs (they are heavy, mine is 130 lbs) seem to vary somewhat by location, so look around. Add both to find total cost to you.
I'd look at local tractor dealers. I found mine at a JD dealer locally, thus no shipping, just local travel time/fuel.
It's about an inch shorter than the bucket width. Centered, that's about half an inch. Slip a couple of washers on the bolts and it's a tight slip fit, never a problem. Benefit is you can measure your bucket and the toothbar yourself and not rely on someone else's measurement.
I installed mine so I can remove it or "flip it up" if I wish. In several years, have flipped it once. Removed it maybe twice.

Call everythingattachments, good folks, can answer your questions, provide good advice.

/ tooth bar #4  
Subscribed.

I thought that was a wierd way to describe the fit application also.
Too much variance in width and you want a precise fit.:confused3:
I decided to build my own wear bar and will make my own tooth bar too.
Lost sales due to poor marketing. (good product or not)
Nobody wants to spend money on something they are not sure it will fit the way they want it to.
If you confuse people from the getgo they aren't going to come back.
Good luck

/ tooth bar #5  
I have the "landscaping" tooth bar on my BX25 from EZ Attachments. Bolts on to both sides of loader bucket and is very solid. It lives on my BX until winter time when I remove it to play in the snow. As stated above, it too was pricey due to shipping to Newfoundland, but well, well worth it.

/ tooth bar #6  
I have a Long tooth bar and it fits in there snug. Think your reading too much in this.

/ tooth bar #7  
Most places that sell tooth bars want a measurement inside your bucket a certain distance back from the cutting edge on the bucket. This give the exact width of the bucket at the bolt on point. Contact anyone selling them and get the requirements and then they can build you one to fit perfectly.

You want one that has removable teeth and not one with cutout of steel plate teeth. I have seen those advertised that look like square bar stock welded to a piece of flatbar stock, cheap but not that good on durability of wear.

/ tooth bar #9  
I suggest you measure the inside width of the bucket and subtract 1/2 to 5/8ths inch. This will make it easy to install and remove. You can use washers as spacers between the tooth bar and bucket.
Tooth bars are mighty handy...you'll want ballast on the 3PH to get the most benefit out of the tooth bar.

/ tooth bar #10  
Take a look at Markham bars. They are well made, of quality components.
I have a 352 bucket on my 7610, and the Markham bar fit precisely without spacers or adjustment of any kind.