Platinum Member

Default BX1800 hysdraulic questions

Just got a usd bx1800 and have a couple of questions. The hydro pedal is a little sticky whic I guess I could fix with wd40.

The hydro is what I really have questions on. When in 2wd and the lever is on the rabbit, the tractor does not sem to realy go that much faster in forward than in reverse. Could jut be my imagination but I wanted to see if you could have a sticky brake or something. I already checked the stock bolt under the pedal and it is as far down as I can turn it seeing as it is a shoulder bolt. Not sure if replacing it with a shorter bolt (allowing the pedal to go further forward) would make a difference.

After using the loader for about an hour I heard the regular whine but I also heard what sounded a little like buzzing coming from the hydro. The tractor has 311 hours on it. I just changed the engine oil, filter and air filter. Should I do a full service to the tranny at this time?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Default Re: BX1800 hysdraulic questions

Grease the hydro pedal pivot point, there is a grease fitting to the side of the pivot. I would do a complete engine and hydro oil and filter change and I recomend the SUDTII hydro fluid. These small tractors dont use much oil so it pays to go with good stuff. I noticed that my little BX1500 had better response after changing the fluid and filters.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660

You said " I already checked the stock bolt under the pedal and it is as far down as I can turn it seeing as it is a shoulder bolt. Not sure if replacing it with a shorter bolt (allowing the pedal to go further forward) would make a difference."

I'm almost sure that bolt is not to give you more speed. They are there so you can't put to much pressure on the trans arm and linkage. I would reset it. With tractor shut off push pedal down easy until you feel it stop. Then set the screw so that it is just touching the pedal and go 1/2 turn more. Now you can stand on it and not bend anything.

Tractor
    Kubota BX1500

At 311 hours, your tractor is due for a full HST fluid and filter change. I'd also do an oil change and replace both diesel fuel filters. There is not a big difference in forward and reverse speeds....in low range, the difference is very small. As others have said, adjusting the bolt under the treadle is not a great idea. The HST is set at the factory and isn't likely to come out of spec. As far as being sticky....there is a zerk on the treadle peddle. There is a small shock attached to the linkage that buffers the forward/stop/reverse motions of the trans. You I'd lube the shock and linkage joints with lithium grease....WD40 is good for a lot of things, but it dries out fairly quickly. Good luck and enjoy your new tractor.