Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

The telescopic stabilzers would be nice with pats. If you did not have them the lift arms will fall in and not be the right width for the implement.

Veteran Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

Default Re: Necessary Attachments on the L3200?

I want to SECOND above comment from Roger/94BULLITT, above.

When backing up to an implement to attach it, without some means to hold the lift arms in a spread position about as wide as the draw pins you want to slip the lift are 'eyes' onto, arms want to snarl on some part of the implement. Before ordering telescopic stabilizers from Stabilworks I used rebar, pounded into the dirt, to stake the tractor lift arms at the appropriate width. It was a pain, but effective. Also, I often lost one or both of the hairpin clips which secure the stabilizer turnbuckles on the B3300 (but not on all Kubotas), which was also irritating.

Telescoping stabilizers making changing equipment much easier. I have a Pat's easy change System here but once I installed telescoping stabilizers Pat's seemed redundant so I still have Pat's adapters in the packaging. I may install Pat's yet......one-of-these-days.

Like riding a two wheel bicycle, it takes time to figure out the optimal technique for hanging each piece of equipment on the 3-pt hitch.

You will find connecting the PTO shaft to the tractor, on PTO powered implements, ALWAYS a trial.
    Last edited by jeff9366; 12-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200

I got an L 3200 last winter and love it. I don't have any problems with the turnbuckles. Get cruise control, it's handy. The quick attach bucket is good. I just bought a QA grapple and love it. Beforehand though I would take the bucket off for visibility or maneuvering in tight spaces. Ask the dealer to fill the rear tires (mine doesn't sell the front loader without filling the rear tires). $450 for rear ballast seems to be a waste. Look on Craig's list for a useful implement for that price - box blade, scraper blade, York rake, rotary cutter,... An implement + filled tires is plenty for loader work. If you buy implements new from the dealer you might get a package price and can finance as part of the tractor purchase. On the other hand buying used from Craig's list might get better quality or price. Depends what you need/want.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Two further (non-dealer) options I would recommend are bucket hooks and a Ratchet Rake.

I have Ken's bolt-on-bucket-hooks and I recommend them. Industrial art from Maryland, USA.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

I was out in the woods today and snapped some fresh bolt-on grab hook photos.

Note that I have one bolt-on grab hook attached to the cross drawbar for pulling logs which might strain the FEL. Sorry third photo is not all that good......

I have used and occasionally abused Ken's hooks but they have NEVER loosened nor deformed.

No implement on the 3-Pt. Hitch. Tires NOT filled. With this decayed wet log on the FEL the tractor rear felt a little light.

Payne's aluminum debris forks are visisble in photo #1 + photo #2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0451-jpg   -img_0452-jpg   -img_0453-jpg  
    Last edited by jeff9366; 12-08-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

An extra set of hydraulic outlets for when you want your hydraulic top link, or tnt or grapple................
    “If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.”
    M. H. Alderson

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, 1949 & 1953 Farmall Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9366 View Post
    " pivot pin gradually worked loose then fell completely out. "
    I'm under the impression that the B3300SU has a different quick attach than standard skid steer type.
    I wonder if the design is more susceptible to this kind of failure. The quick attach on my L3200 seems very secure. Could you post a picture of your quick attach?
    Wouldn't want the OP to get a bad impression if it's not the same type.
    Here's the SSQA I'm referring to:
    -cimg0412-jpg

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Below photos show kubota factory Quick Attach mechanism for LA504 FEL which is standard on Kubota B3300SU tractor/loader package.

Operator should just have to remove security pins from four pivot pins, pull them, and nudge the bucket off with the joystick control.

I had the experience where one of the lower security pins flipped out, allowing the left, lower, pivot pin to drop out. Then bucket support frame warped so replacement pivot pin could NOT be inserted.

Offending pivot pin is also picutured, last. I found it a week/$1,200 later, where I had been working. So glad I have Kubota insurance. My out-of-pocket was $250, bad enough.

Now the four pivot pins are secured with 6mm machine screws and nylon lock nuts. Downside is bucket is no longer Quick Attach.

If I had it to do over I would have stayed with the standard, NON-QA, bucket as I have never removed the bucket during first year of ownership.

The four QA pivot pins are exposed to dirt/dust. I lubricate them with graphite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0454-jpg   -img_0455-jpg   -img_0456-jpg   -img_0457-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, 1949 & 1953 Farmall Cubs

Thanks for the images.
    I never paid attention when I was looking at a B3300SU, just remembered the dealer saying it was kubota's version.

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

TnT! I made Tnt setup on my old kubota B series; it was the Cat's Meow. Awesome! I used it all the time.

Since I got the newer larger tractor(used), TnT has not been in the budget. And I miss it. A lot...
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12