Necessary Attachments on the L3200?

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #11  
The telescopic stabilzers would be nice with pats. If you did not have them the lift arms will fall in and not be the right width for the implement.

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #12  
I want to SECOND above comment from Roger/94BULLITT, above.

When backing up to an implement to attach it, without some means to hold the lift arms in a spread position about as wide as the draw pins you want to slip the lift are 'eyes' onto, arms want to snarl on some part of the implement. Before ordering telescopic stabilizers from Stabilworks I used rebar, pounded into the dirt, to stake the tractor lift arms at the appropriate width. It was a pain, but effective. Also, I often lost one or both of the hairpin clips which secure the stabilizer turnbuckles on the B3300 (but not on all Kubotas), which was also irritating.

Telescoping stabilizers making changing equipment much easier. I have a Pat's Easy Change System here but once I installed telescoping stabilizers Pat's seemed redundant so I still have Pat's adapters in the packaging. I may install Pat's yet......one-of-these-days.

Like riding a two wheel bicycle, it takes time to figure out the optimal technique for hanging each piece of equipment on the 3-pt hitch.

You will find connecting the PTO shaft to the tractor, on PTO powered implements, ALWAYS a trial.

Last edited:
   / Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #13  
I got an L 3200 last winter and love it. I don't have any problems with the turnbuckles. Get cruise control, it's handy. The quick attach bucket is good. I just bought a QA grapple and love it. Beforehand though I would take the bucket off for visibility or maneuvering in tight spaces. Ask the dealer to fill the rear tires (mine doesn't sell the front loader without filling the rear tires). $450 for rear ballast seems to be a waste. Look on Craig's list for a useful implement for that price - box blade, scraper blade, York rake, rotary cutter,... An implement + filled tires is plenty for loader work. If you buy implements new from the dealer you might get a package price and can finance as part of the tractor purchase. On the other hand buying used from Craig's list might get better quality or price. Depends what you need/want.

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #14  
Two further (non-dealer) options I would recommend are bucket hooks and a Ratchet Rake.

I have Ken's bolt-on-bucket-hooks and I recommend them. Industrial art from Maryland, USA.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

I was out in the woods today and snapped some fresh bolt-on grab hook photos.

Note that I have one bolt-on grab hook attached to the cross drawbar for pulling logs which might strain the FEL. Sorry third photo is not all that good......

I have used and occasionally abused Ken's hooks but they have NEVER loosened nor deformed.

No implement on the 3-Pt. Hitch. Tires NOT filled. With this decayed wet log on the FEL the tractor rear felt a little light.

Payne's aluminum debris forks are visisble in photo #1 + photo #2.

Attachments

• IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
   / Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #15  
An extra set of hydraulic outlets for when you want your hydraulic top link, or tnt or grapple................ :thumbsup:

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #16  
" pivot pin gradually worked loose then fell completely out. "

I'm under the impression that the B3300SU has a different quick attach than standard skid steer type.
I wonder if the design is more susceptible to this kind of failure. The quick attach on my L3200 seems very secure. Could you post a picture of your quick attach?
Wouldn't want the OP to get a bad impression if it's not the same type.
Here's the SSQA I'm referring to:
CIMG0412.JPG

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #17  
Below photos show Kubota factory Quick Attach mechanism for LA504 FEL which is standard on Kubota B3300SU tractor/loader package.

Operator should just have to remove security pins from four pivot pins, pull them, and nudge the bucket off with the joystick control.

I had the experience where one of the lower security pins flipped out, allowing the left, lower, pivot pin to drop out. Then bucket support frame warped so replacement pivot pin could NOT be inserted.

Offending pivot pin is also picutured, last. I found it a week/$1,200 later, where I had been working. So glad I have Kubota insurance. My out-of-pocket was $250, bad enough.

Now the four pivot pins are secured with 6mm machine screws and nylon lock nuts. Downside is bucket is no longer Quick Attach.

If I had it to do over I would have stayed with the standard, NON-QA, bucket as I have never removed the bucket during first year of ownership.

The four QA pivot pins are exposed to dirt/dust. I lubricate them with graphite.

Attachments

• IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 107
   / Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #18  
Thanks for the images.
I never paid attention when I was looking at a B3300SU, just remembered the dealer saying it was Kubota's version.

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #19  
TnT! I made Tnt setup on my old Kubota B series; it was the Cat's Meow. Awesome! I used it all the time.

Since I got the newer larger tractor(used), TnT has not been in the budget. And I miss it. A lot...