Necessary Attachments on the L3200?

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #1  

tractor88

Tractor
Kubota L3200
I am looking at a new L3200 and wandering which attachments are a "must have" and which ones are a "nice to have". This will be my first tractor so any help would be appreciated. Please let me know why you would consider any of these as must haves. I will be using the tractor for bush hogging, snow moving with loader, and food plots (discing, cultipacker, etc.)

Here are the ones I am looking at so far. Let me know if I missing something else.

STD ATTACH
1. 3pt turnbuckle stabilizer vs. Telescoping stabilizer $150
(Is this a must have? Some of the posts I have read indicate that telescoping is stronger and much easier to use)

2. Std loader 60" vs. Quick Attach Loader Bucket 66" $450
( I will not have forks or any other bucket attachments, Thinking this is probably a nice to have but I can always drop the whole loader off)

3 none vs. Ballast Box $450
(I do not have plans for heavy loader work, mainly snow removal and moving cut wood, etc. Is Kubotas ballast box a good choice at a good price?)

4. none vs. Crusie Control $200
(Is cruise control handy? What applications can you use this for?)

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #2  
I have the standard turnbuckle adjusters, and like them. I backed the locknuts off and put a spring pin/hair pin through the end of the adjustment rod so I don't need a wrench every time (thanks K0ua for that idea!)

I wish I'd opted for the QA bucket, although the 60" is plenty for my use. Being able to simply remove the bucket gives you better visibility when mowing, etc. And you don't think you'll want forks now, or a bale spear, but things change over time. Makes for better resale value too.

With loaded rear tires, the ballast box isn't critical. If you don't plan to load them, get the box or something that weighs at least 500 lbs.

Cruise is very good for mowing on long runs. Your right foot cramps up after a while.

Sean

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #3  
I have the standard turnbuckle adjusters, and like them. I backed the locknuts off and put a spring pin/hair pin through the end of the adjustment rod so I don't need a wrench every time (thanks K0ua for that idea!)

I wish I'd opted for the QA bucket, although the 60" is plenty for my use. Being able to simply remove the bucket gives you better visibility when mowing, etc. And you don't think you'll want forks now, or a bale spear, but things change over time. Makes for better resale value too.

With loaded rear tires, the ballast box isn't critical. If you don't plan to load them, get the box or something that weighs at least 500 lbs.

Cruise is very good for mowing on long runs. Your right foot cramps up after a while.

Sean

For me the telescoping stabilizers was a must. That what I've been used to on the Grand L and it was the first mod I installed on my L3200. I guess it's what you get used too. But they saved me alot of time and energy not having to mess with those dang turnbuckles...

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #4  
Definitely get the QA bucket. You may change your mind about forks later. I use the forks more than the bucket.
I use the standard stabilizers- don't really seem much trouble to adjust. I would rather put the money toward cruise.
As for ballast- I usually want some attachment back there anyway, so haven't built a ballast box yet. Would rather put the bucks toward filled tires.
I don't have cruise, but it looks like it would be handy to have as an option to foot control.

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #5  
1) Telescoping stabilizers are much nicer to work with than turnbukles.
2) I would want the quick attach bucket.
3) Skip the ballast box and use the money towards a usable implement to hang off the back.
4)Cruise control is great for mowing open areas.

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #6  
1. I say put that $150 toward a quick hitch. You can hook up to a implement in less than a minute with one. If you don't want a QH then the telescopic stabilizers are nice.

2. The Skid steer quick attach is nice to have. Once you get a tractor you will probably want a set of forks. If you are doing a job in a tight are with the SSQA you can drop the bucket easily. It is cheaper to do now than later.

3. Alot of guys on here make a ballast out of concrete. You could make on cheap that way especially if you get the 1/2 price busted bags at lowes. That $450 would be a down payment on a box blade that would make a ballast plus a good implement.

4. I don't think cruise is that necessary, I never use it. I would probably use it if I took a 8 hour trip on the tractor:laughing:

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #7  
1 I have telescoping links on one and turnbuckles on the other. Both work fine.

2 I don't have the quick attach bucket and don't need it. I leave the loader off when not needed.

3 Get a heavy box blade for rear ballast. You should have rear 3pt ballast when doin Any loader work.

4 I don't have cruise and don't need it.

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #8  
I have a Kubota B3300SU. At 33-hp and 1,800 pounds it is about the same horsepower as your L3200 on a smaller, lighter frame.

1. I think a telescoping stabilizers are superior to the factory turnbuckle stabilizers on the B and L series tractors. Open following link for short, informative, Stabilworks video:

Kubota tractor stabilizers Kubota [url]www.stabilworks.com - YouTube[/url]

2. I have the Kubota quick attach bucket option on my 54" FEL. Four months ago, while operating in thick brush, one of the Lynch/PTO pins securing the QA pivot pins was flipped out by the brush.The pivot pin gradually worked loose then fell completely out. I did not notice the bucket sagging 3" on the left side until I took a break for lunch, some time later. With only half the bucket supported the tubing frame between the Quick Attach pivots warped......$1200 repair. Fortunately I have Kubota insurance so my out of pocket was the $250 deductible. The Lynch/PTO pins have been replaced by 6mm machine screws and nylon lock nuts, so no longer "Quick Attach."

Go with the standard bucket. It should be as wide as your rear tires, or a hair wider.

( It is uncanny how Lynch pins and Hairpin clips escape.)

3. I do not own a ballast box. If I am going to pick up tree trunks that will challenge the loader, I hang my Wallenstein Chipper on the rear. It weighs 425 pounds and is a fairly compact load.

I have industrial tires on my rig. Tires are NOT filled. I run over residential lawns fairly often and do not want to mark them so I only add the Wallenstein as needed. At least on the B3300SU, one can pick up quite a lot with the bucket without the rear feeling light. I can fill my bucket with green oak firewood, NO chipper, and the rear is solidly on the ground.

If I need to transport a really big tree, I suspend it from an OMNI Hanging Tree and then I drag it. ( You can search OMNI here on TBN for more information.)

4. I like Cruise Control. I think I paid $35/? for it in February 2011. It comes as a kit the dealer installs. I regularly transport dirt and yard debris around a 200 acre residential development and cruise control is nice when trolling at 15 mph.

Two further (non-dealer) options I would recommend are bucket hooks and a Ratchet Rake.

I have Ken's bolt-on-bucket-hooks and I recommend them. Industrial art from Maryland, USA.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

I use my Ratchet Rake for removing brush and preparing plots. I bought my 52" RR at Tractor Supply for $299. There are a gazillion posts on TBN for Ratchet Rake; search.

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
   / Necessary Attachments on the L3200? #9  
nothing is a must have unless you have some jobs for it-otherwise they just take up barn space-so buy your implements based on what you need to do------a lot of them can be picked up reasonable from people who thought they needed them and then didn't use them.--------

/ Necessary Attachments on the L3200?
Thanks for all the feedback. The Pats Easy Change Quick Hitch looks pretty handy. Would it still be beneficial to get the telescopic stabilizers with this?