long tooth bar vs piranha-

/ long tooth bar vs piranha- #1  

jimbo64

Silver Member
if you were going to buy a new one, what would you buy and why-------thanks jimbo

/ long tooth bar vs piranha- #2  
I bought a piranha tooth bar last spring. It has worked great. I excavated down 12" in solid clay for an 800 sq ft patio and last month I planted 3 B&B trees. I was able to dig perfect 2' deep holes that were 4 ft by 4ft. My bucket wouldn't even get 6" down in my soil without it. It's a well made tooth bar

/ long tooth bar vs piranha- #3  
Piranha for brush. Long tooth bar for rocks. Either one for dirt.

Bruce

/ long tooth bar vs piranha- #4  
Bought a Piranha this summer, and have not taken it off yet.
I dug down 18" to 24" in clay, and buried 4" tile to 5 catch basins to drain my property.
I cleaned out about two acres of woods of all brush and clutter.
I like that I can back drag with a level bucket and get a nice smooth finish.
It is still sharp and without nicks, and I would buy it again.

/ long tooth bar vs piranha-
our texas soil is solid clay---nary a rock in it- but tough digging- can be hard like a brick- reason we grow cows instead of corn-----------jimbo

/ long tooth bar vs piranha- #6  
I bought the Piranha bar as well and think it is more versatile than a big tooth bar. I like mine.

/ long tooth bar vs piranha- #7  
I have a piranha and can say it is amazing what it can do! I routinely take 4 inch maples to the ground and 1-3 inch saplings while making hunting and walking trails on my 40 acres in northeastern Wisconsin.
Digging is a snap. The land is almost all heavy clay and very rocky. 30% are larger than a basket ball. I' definitely buy another one!

/ long tooth bar vs piranha- #8  
I have a W.R. Long tooth bar. I have had it about a year and I have no complaints. I have never used the Piranha brand, so I won't comment. The Long tooth bar has served me well, weighs 72 pounds and is well made and sturdy.

/ long tooth bar vs piranha- #9  
I'm interested in a WR Long TB 76 tooth bar. I called them and they said the list price is $331, but it would have to be bought from a dealer. I called a nearby dealer and was quoted $413 plus shipping and EA sells them for $445. (Carver no longer sells them, since they don't sell new tractors.)

Who sells them at list or below? Thanks.

Last edited:
   / long tooth bar vs piranha- #10  
I'm interested in a WR Long TB 76 tooth bar. I called them and they said the list price is $331, but it would have to be bought from a dealer. I called a nearby dealer and was quoted $413 plus shipping and EA sells them for $445. (Carver no longer sells them, since they don't sell new tractors.)

Who sells them at list or below? Thanks.

Check out Iowa Farm Equipment's site at Toothbars. Their toothbars are made by WR Long.