front tire roll-off question

/ front tire roll-off question
I am really appreciating this forum. Thanks, one and all, for your inputs. :thumbsup:

/ front tire roll-off question #13  
I have only ever thrown a front tire when I had a slow leak and ran the tire on near-to-zero PSI without noticing it. Raise the front of the tractor and use the afore-mentioned ratchet strap method to re-seat the bead. Easy-peasy.

Neither of my front tires hold air consistently, and it is a bit annoying. I am pondering putting tubes in. As-is, I have to top off the front tires every time I do any work.

/ front tire roll-off question #14  
I see a lot of different tractors in your signatures, but am wondering, is this more common with the BX1800's which have the smaller front tires or do they work ok?

/ front tire roll-off question #15  
Paystar said:
I see a lot of different tractors in your signatures, but am wondering, is this more common with the BX1800's which have the smaller front tires or do they work ok?

I'm not sure if it was tire size that caused it but it was a common complaint for the BX1800 and 2200 series in the past. The front tires on my BX2200 were constantly low until I green slimed them. My new BX25 doesn't seem to suffer from this issue but I've only had it for a couple of months.

/ front tire roll-off question #16  
Our front tires came off countless times until I tubed the tires.

/ front tire roll-off question #17  
For me it was, possibly to do with gw's points above. When trying to cure a slow leak in a BX24 front by using tubes I had 3 sudden failures of the tubes. It was thought to be due to the wheel spinning on the tire so went back to tubeless. One comment was that the front wheels are just too small for front loader work. Have tried cleaning up the rim, new valves, and most recently slime but still drops a pound or two of pressure a day. Now waiting for a new wheel/tire combo to replace the useless one.

Was the valve stem ripped off the tube? If yes then you probably spun the tire on the rim and this can be caused by to low of pressure or lots of traction available to that tire trying to pull/push the rest of the tractor around.

/ front tire roll-off question #18  
Our front tires came off countless times until I tubed the tires.

The previous owner of my 855 had the front tires filled with foam ,no tire pressure issues at all and the chance of them rolling off the bead is 0 ! probably would be a rough ride if you only drive on pavement but hey it's a tractor not a Porsche ! 037.jpg

/ front tire roll-off question #19  
^I'll consider foam with the new tractor purchase. But I can't ever remember ever having a problem with tires until sometime in the 90's. Then it seemed all at once and on cue tires became undependable. You could no longer take a new tire for granted.

/ front tire roll-off question #20  
Bobcat said not to run foam filled tires in the CT235 I had.