front tire roll-off question

/ front tire roll-off question #23  
Do foam-filled tires put more stress on the steering components of the front end?

/ front tire roll-off question #25  
Was the valve stem ripped off the tube? If yes then you probably spun the tire on the rim and this can be caused by to low of pressure or lots of traction available to that tire trying to pull/push the rest of the tractor around.

I didn't see it but that is the impression the tire shop gave me, that the tube or stem had torn. The first time they thought they had nipped it when replacing the tire. When it kept happening they said the tubed stem couldn't take the stress/spin and advised going back to tubeless. Because of the ongoing slow leak problem I was in the habit of keeping the tire inflated above recommended pressure when using the bucket and checking it before each days use.So I don't think that was a problem. Forgetting to get out of 4WD and/or backing out from loading the bucket while on pavement might have contributed to the problem. Never had an issue with the front tire on the other side.

/ front tire roll-off question #28  
What is the cost of a serious injury or death ?:eek:

Anyone that flips a tractor on its side because of a flat front tire is very likely to be doing something stupid that was the real cause of the overturn. Foam filled tires aren't going to fix that because with rock hard filled tires he was probably going to break a tie rod end followed by an axle shaft, then roll it over anyway. Having a tire go abruptly flat in the course of normal operation won't cause a rollover. Foamed tires do have their place, but that place isn't everywhere; there are drawbacks to most every tractor choice and foam filled tires are no exception.
Taking the initiative to monitor tire pressure and make repairs when needed so tires stay inflated are two necessary precautions that adequately address the concern.

This topic is not appropriate for the playing of the imminent death/doomsday card. I'm not buying it.

/ front tire roll-off question #29  
I was inferring that the reason Bobcat says not to run foam-filled tires was to avoid warranty claims when the linkage breaks or fails. It was a response to the question, not a recommendation.

/ front tire roll-off question #30  
I was inferring that the reason Bobcat says not to run foam-filled tires was to avoid warranty claims when the linkage breaks or fails. It was a response to the question, not a recommendation.

I'm certain you are correct. Similarly, skidsteer manufacturers require that steel tracks NOT be installed over filled tires or solid tires of any kind. This goes back to the days before rubber tracked SSL's were commonly available and a popular option was steel tracks over the OEM tires. Axle and bearing problems were the reasons.