HST or manual shift on B series?

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #31  
I've had two gear and two HST tractors. I'm down to 3 of those 4. The one I got rid of was a gear tractor I had for 30 years. If I had but one tractor for genral purpose, all around work it would be HST. I am a little surprised I'm saying this, since the last new tractor I bought (my JD 3005) was geared, and I like it a lot.
Mf

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #32  
I agree you should try both and see what you like, but for loader work nothing beats HST, it is not just the ease of changing directions, because a shuttle can accomplish that too, it is the ability to creep and do precision work.. You just cannot do with gear driven tractors.
It may be easier to do precision work with HST, but I can do precision work just fine with my shuttle shift gear drive tractor.
I don't believe the B series gear models are availible with Shuttle, GST or syncronized. So HST is the best way to go on those machines.

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #33  
I can't think of anything that a hydro trans would not be good for.

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #34  
I learned to drive with "three on the tree" owned lots of trucks,cars with manual transmissions.Owned/used a couple 8N's.Everything I own know is Auto/HST and wouldn't have it any other way.

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #35  
watever u dont know me ericher