Unconventional use of M7040

/ Unconventional use of M7040 #1  

CCOUGHRAN1

Silver Member
15988_4601072098501_896481828_n.jpg

While out feeding cows last night, I slashed the sidewall of my front right tire. The ground was wet from a 2" rain earlier in the day, and all I had was a bottle jack and some 4x4 lumber. The ground was too soft to use the bottle jack alone, and there wasn't enough clearance for the 4x4 and the bottle jack. The tractor was still out at the pasture, so I improvised. The FEL lifted just enough so that I could get some 4x4 blocks and the jack under the front axle.

Earlier this year, I mounted an IR gasoline air compressor on my flatbed, and put an impact wrench and sockets in the toolbox. Sure came in handy last night!

/ Unconventional use of M7040 #2  
View attachment 292470

While out feeding cows last night, I slashed the sidewall of my front right tire. The ground was wet from a 2" rain earlier in the day, and all I had was a bottle jack and some 4x4 lumber. The ground was too soft to use the bottle jack alone, and there wasn't enough clearance for the 4x4 and the bottle jack. The tractor was still out at the pasture, so I improvised. The FEL lifted just enough so that I could get some 4x4 blocks and the jack under the front axle.

Earlier this year, I mounted an IR gasoline air compressor on my flatbed, and put an impact wrench and sockets in the toolbox. Sure came in handy last night!

Usin' your noggin !...plus it "jacked up" quicker than the bottle jack could have done !

Rich

/ Unconventional use of M7040 #3  
It was most likely safer than trying to jack on wet ground. Years ago, when I was doing bridge painting, I used a telescoping forklift to lift up my PU to switch over to summer tires. Amazing how easy it is.

/ Unconventional use of M7040 #4  
If you have an FEL and the front tire was flat...why do you even need a jack at all?

/ Unconventional use of M7040 #8  
I suspect that the tractor FEL lift capacity was not adequate to lift that 1 ton truck I used my LS to lift my 1500 Z71 up to change the oil by chaining into the hooks on the frame and using my bucket hooks. Too fat to crawl under the step rails but my lift capacity on the LS is 3500# and it was pretty much all it wanted to curl. Boom wouldnt lift it off the ground just pulled up the springs a bit. I dont have the big ole bumper like the OP to just put it in the bucket and lift.

/ Unconventional use of M7040
I suspect that the tractor FEL lift capacity was not adequate to lift that 1 ton truck I used my LS to lift my 1500 Z71 up to change the oil by chaining into the hooks on the frame and using my bucket hooks. Too fat to crawl under the step rails but my lift capacity on the LS is 3500# and it was pretty much all it wanted to curl. Boom wouldnt lift it off the ground just pulled up the springs a bit. I dont have the big ole bumper like the OP to just put it in the bucket and lift.

The FEL lifted the front end just enough that I was able to get the clearance needed for a couple of 4x4 blocks and my bottle jack. I probably could have lifted it higher, if I had rigged some chains or straps to the loader pivot point.

/ Unconventional use of M7040 #10  
i do that kind of stuff with my 7040 all the time mine needs a bigger loader on it a 1353