L45 200 Hour Maintenance

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #21  
I cant understand how the oil NEVER breaks down?? Confused

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #22  
My L4240 manual says to change the trans fluid at 400hrs.

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #23  
I'll ask him to cite a reference next time I'm over there. I was just passing it along, and don't necessarily believe it either.

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #24  
I just had the 50 hr. service on my L45 done by my dealer and the service manager mentioned that Hydraulic oil NEVER needs to be replaced.

I believe it, although 'never' probably doesn't actually mean 'never'. I put 600 hours on my tractor before I changed the hydraulic/tranny fluid, and another 300 that the PO put on, and who knows before that - my L4200 tractor had 2600 hours when I changed it. I did change the hydro filter once before that though. The fluid that came out (which I assume was SUDT) was exactly the same color and consistency as the stuff I was putting in (Universal UDT-compatible fluid from Sam's).

JayC

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance
Here is a link to an article on machinery hydraulics you might find interesting.

The Seven Most Common Hydraulic Equipment Mistakes

His article attempts to support my idea that oil analysis might be the way to go. Unfortunately, to get an idea of what is going on ~$75 would need to be spent on analysis. A raw sample of SUDT2 would need to be tested for a baseline, as well as various samples at different hours.

ac

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #27  
His article attempts to support my idea that oil analysis might be the way to go. Unfortunately, to get an idea of what is going on ~$75 would need to be spent on analysis. A raw sample of SUDT2 would need to be tested for a baseline, as well as various samples at different hours.

$75? I can change the fluid out with 10 gallons of new for $85. So much for oil analysis.

JayC

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance
$75? I can change the fluid out with 10 gallons of new for $85. So much for oil analysis.

JayC

If you were to use Kubota SUDT2, it would cost ~$250 to chance the oil in the L45.

ac

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #29  
Why buy a $40k machine and cheap out $200 on the hydraulic fluid?

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #30  
94BULLITT said:
Why buy a $40k machine and cheap out $200 on the hydraulic fluid?

I'll second that!!!!