L45 200 Hour Maintenance

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #1  

avc8130

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
The L45 I just picked up has 206 hours on it. I am preparing to do the 200 hour service this week. It looks like the following are required:

Engine oil/filter
HST filter
Grease

Does anyone know how much oil the engine takes? I want to make sure I have enough Rotella T 5w40 on hand.

I have a Kubota oil filter the previous owner gave me, I need to pick up the $60 HST filter from the dealer. Anything else?

ac

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #2  
Based on my B3030, I would put 1 gallon of oil in with a filter change. Run it; shut it down, then add oil til you hit the full mark. I would also rinse the fuel bowl and filter with kerosene--changing the fuel filter at 300 hours.
Good luck.

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #3  
I'm pretty sure that your tractor has the same engine as mine (L4200). You'll need 2 gallons of oil to fill the engine w/ filter.

JayC

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #4  
Hi ac

Two gallons is about right - I seem to recall nine litres. I have PDF's of the Owners, Loader and Backhoe manuals. PM me your email address and I can send them to you.

Lauren

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance
Dealer said 8.7 quarts. I put in 2 gallons. I'll check it tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

ac

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #6  
Its 8.2 quarts on the oil, but you'll only be able to change one of the 3 HST filters, the port one as its tilted horizontally. To remove the (2) on the Starboard side, you need to drain the system, but that's not called for until 400 hours.

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #7  
P.S. Congrats on your purchase. The L-45 is an awesome machine!. Also, you'll want to pull out your dipstick or remove your fill cap for better oil draining cause this engine is tight. You can actually work the portside HST filter without crawling underneath the machine. Access is available to the right of the battery box, just reach your hand and filter wrench over (and under) the frame and try to catch about 1/2 quart of fluid in a bowl. I returned my HST fluid back to the system after running it through coffee filters. You'll need to walk away cause it is a slow process.

2 drain plugs, right?

They didn't start pouring until I pulled the oil fill cap.

I did the HST filter. $61 at the local dealer...OUCH.

It looks like the hydraulic filters are now 400 hours.

ac

Its 8.2 quarts on the oil, but you'll only be able to change one of the 3 HST filters, the port one as its tilted horizontally. To remove the (2) on the Starboard side, you need to drain the system, but that's not called for until 400 hours.

Not that it is relevant for 200 hours, but are you SURE you need to drain the hydraulic system to do the filters? On my L39 I was able to change them without draining the machine. I just spun one off and spun on the new one, then the other. Topped off reservoir as necessary.

ac

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #10  
Not that it is relevant for 200 hours, but are you SURE you need to drain the hydraulic system to do the filters? On my L39 I was able to change them without draining the machine. I just spun one off and spun on the new one, then the other. Topped off reservoir as necessary.

ac
Unfortunately so . . . You may not have to drain the entire 12.2 gallons but they're mounted just low enough (gravity-wise) to where it becomes ooze city if you try to spin them off without lowering the fluid level. I didn't have enough containers to experiment how much. When it got to one gallon, I stopped.