M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #81  
Richard, my brother has it out at our farm shop trying to figure something out, hard points are the problem, sure wish someone made these. We will do something with the 8540 too. With my breathing problems and allergies, an open station is not an option, I took our last one out to the family farm about a year ago. It is a MF375 MFWD and was my primary woods tractor for many years, lots of power and extremely stable. Even it has plenty of dents and we put a metal top to protect from falling limbs and it save me quite a few headaches. I can't find a good picture of it.

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #82  
LOL, was just referring to the super beefy brush guard on the second page. Would be pretty impressive if I managed to go through the engine though.

Oops i Forgot that this thread had the brush guard as well as the skid plate

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard
Richard, my brother has it out at our farm shop trying to figure something out, hard points are the problem, sure wish someone made these. We will do something with the 8540 too. With my breathing problems and allergies, an open station is not an option, I took our last one out to the family farm about a year ago. It is a MF375 MFWD and was my primary woods tractor for many years, lots of power and extremely stable. Even it has plenty of dents and we put a metal top to protect from falling limbs and it save me quite a few headaches. I can't find a good picture of it.

Yeah, where the heck are ya gonna fasten any sort of durable protection?? Curious to see what he comes up with.

The older Masseys were always under priced for what you got. Good dependable well equipped tractors. I'd like to find a 275 or something in that range, 2wd, just for a piddle tractor.

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #84  
TrippleR. If you have a loader on your tractor, there's a handy pair of holes (at least on my tractor there is) in the casting for the loader mount that I am using to make a 4 post canopy for my tractor. I have not been keeping up taking too many pictures, but when done I was thinking of posting the build. What I am thinking is that you could make a front "hoop" that stood free, in front of the cab that could provide some limb protection. I am setting up mine so that I can add "sweeps" or limb "risers" if I decide to down to my front brush guard. I do have some pics of the front post mount at these "handy" factory holes if your interested.

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard
TrippleR. If you have a loader on your tractor, there's a handy pair of holes (at least on my tractor there is) in the casting for the loader mount that I am using to make a 4 post canopy for my tractor. I have not been keeping up taking too many pictures, but when done I was thinking of posting the build. What I am thinking is that you could make a front "hoop" that stood free, in front of the cab that could provide some limb protection. I am setting up mine so that I can add "sweeps" or limb "risers" if I decide to down to my front brush guard. I do have some pics of the front post mount at these "handy" factory holes if your interested.

Good idea. Post your pics and ideas when ya can. I think several people on here would be interested.

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #86  

Thanks, I would love to see the pictures, my brother is working on it now and I will share them with him. We had considered the loop, but want to be able to tie into something to protect the back and sides of the cab as well.

My brother also mentioned sweeps, so we would be interested in any ideas you have.

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #87  
Thanks, I would love to see the pictures, my brother is working on it now and I will share them with him. We had considered the loop, but want to be able to tie into something to protect the back and sides of the cab as well.

My brother also mentioned sweeps, so we would be interested in any ideas you have.

Hey TrippleR, these are the best pics I have right now. I think that you could make a front hoop to protect the cab & attach "sweeps". I'm trying to finish up all the details on the fab work. I keep adding lights & flashers, now radio & speakers, fan and some storage areas for all the stuff that there is no room for on a tractor. When I take it apart for painting I'll take some good pics that show how I used the factory holes on the loader mount for my front posts. My sweeps will go to the front posts @ the roof, and down to the giant bumper/grille guard that I built previously. The bumper/guard is deffinetly built for function over form and it is ridgid mounted (does not swing down) so it's a sturdy mounting point for the lower end of the sweeps. The last pic shows the approx line of the sweeps, it's just a wood 1x for my own visualization.

Attachments

• DSCN1776.jpg
    DSCN1776.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 307
  • roof 007.jpg
    roof 007.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 338
  • roof 011.jpg
    roof 011.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 324
   / M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #88  
Thanks, I sure appreciate it.

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #89  
Here are those pic's TrippleR, better late than never right? This is how I am mounting the front posts for my canopy. It might work for an external frame/guard for your cab machine. It does not interfere with removal of the loader. Like I said in the PM, those bushings are for my SS tracks and fit perfectly in the factory machined hole in the loader mount casting. All 4 are under $8 at any Bobcat dealer. These bushings take any loads that the uprights might get and they are 1.25" across. Half the depth of the bushing is recessed into the loader mount, the other half is recessed into the new post mount. The 1/2" bolt just keeps everything pinched together.

Attachments

• dec '13 006 copy.jpg
    dec '13 006 copy.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 146
  • dec '13 001.jpg
    dec '13 001.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 195
  • dec '13 002.jpg
    dec '13 002.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 179
  • dec '13 004.jpg
    dec '13 004.jpg