Is my ROPS hollow inside, top to bottom?

/ Is my ROPS hollow inside, top to bottom? #1  

ka41

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 L5240HST
I have a 5240 with a foldable rops and canopy. I've never folded it nor do I ever plan on it so I don't know if its hollow from the top to the bottom. I'm adding led lights and want to run the wire inside the rops from the top to just below the horizontal brace that ties the two together, come out just under the brace and go to the somewhere behind the seat to my switches. Trying to keep the wiring as neat as possible.
Thanks

/ Is my ROPS hollow inside, top to bottom? #2  
Yes its hollow with 2 rubber boots at the point where it folds.

/ Is my ROPS hollow inside, top to bottom?
Well I guess I'll have to figure something else out. Even thought it's just rubber it will keep me from fishing it through to the bottom.

/ Is my ROPS hollow inside, top to bottom? #4  
Well I guess I'll have to figure something else out. Even thought it's just rubber it will keep me from fishing it through to the bottom.

Can't you fold ROPs down 90deg with the canopy attached, and prop it up while you work? You could fish the wire while it's folded and feed it through small hole in rubber boot.

/ Is my ROPS hollow inside, top to bottom? #5  
Just drill a small hole thru the plastic caps at the end of the rop tubes where they meet. That is how I ran mine. Philip.

/ Is my ROPS hollow inside, top to bottom? #6  
Can't you fold ROPs down 90deg with the canopy attached, and prop it up while you work? You could fish the wire while it's folded and feed it through small hole in rubber boot.

Do you make the hole big enough that the wire can travel freely when you fold / unfold it? If not, do you risk pinching the wire?