Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 209
  1. #111
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    214
    Location
    Central Maine
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    LOL<That vid was nothing more then a physics problem.
    Yes, and not much of a problem at that. Once you break those wheels loose on the wet grass all traction is gone. When something flies in the face of reason as grossly as this did...well, let's just remember, he is a salesman, and an enthusiastic one at that. I can't fault him for wanting to pump his product, just the methods he chooses to do so.
    Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

    BX25, BX2750D Snowblower, Bro-Tek thumb, BXpanded Forks and Under Armor, Ballast Box, 3-PT Pallet Forks ...... My Kubota Pics


  2. #112
    Veteran Member workinallthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,065
    Location
    Tulsa, ok
    Tractor
    b3030 TLB,zd326

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    i am guessin mahindra sales are pretty rough, we had a dealer 1/2 mile from my bota dealer he didnt last a year and now he is selling some funky yellow ztr's. The only other dealer i have passed by was using an old service station and has add's on craigs list all the time with his latest deals. They seem to have boat loads of utube vids some even look straight from the factory.
    When i look at them they seem like a 70's- 80's model tractor that has been upfited to compete in today's market. They have a longer "powertrain" warranty, lift more i guess, and they are cheaper. I can not say i have never "entertained" the idea of owning one but i dont want to me associated with a company who feels the need to dog their competion like what we have seen here.

    I wish these monkey would spend money on "real world" comparisons;
    compare speed with a full load of dirt in across some distance point a - b
    compare full down to full top dump speed on the FEL
    compare full right to full left speed on the BH
    compare maintence points and how easy they are to reach
    compare both units pulling a disc, pulling a brush hog, pushing a snow plow
    compare turning radius
    compare stabilty on a hill
    most importantly to each of us in the saddle, compare the seat, stearing effort, and ease of operation of the controls
    what good is everything else if you cant stand to be on it for 8 hours?

    my 2 bits good luck to all of you
    equipment = L45 tlb, zd326p
    attachements = disk, pallet forks, box blade, 4n1, thumb, ld material bucket
    past equipment = b???? old slow no p/s, bx23 tlb, b3030 tlb, mf 175, jd301a

  3. #113
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,494
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by workinallthetime View Post
    i am guessin mahindra sales are pretty rough, we had a dealer 1/2 mile from my bota dealer he didnt last a year and now he is selling some funky yellow ztr's. The only other dealer i have passed by was using an old service station and has add's on craigs list all the time with his latest deals. They seem to have boat loads of utube vids some even look straight from the factory.
    When i look at them they seem like a 70's- 80's model tractor that has been upfited to compete in today's market. They have a longer "powertrain" warranty, lift more i guess, and they are cheaper. I can not say i have never "entertained" the idea of owning one but i dont want to me associated with a company who feels the need to dog their competion like what we have seen here.

    I wish these monkey would spend money on "real world" comparisons;
    compare speed with a full load of dirt in across some distance point a - b I don't see that as very useful, I can travel much faster than I ever would if I chose to, although I'd spill have the load and bruise my kidneys. Bucket size is more useful to look at and is simply related to FEL lift cap.
    compare full down to full top dump speed on the FEL The larger the cylinders, the stronger the loader and the slower it will lift. My DK45 will lift 2.5X what my CK30 would, but it's slower, I still think it's a positive.
    compare full right to full left speed on the BH
    compare maintence points and how easy they are to reach
    compare both units pulling a disc, pulling a brush hog, pushing a snow plow With the same tires, this will mostly come down to weight. Just look at which one is heavier, that'll tell you how well they'll pull/push. PTO hp is straight forward for a bush hog.
    compare turning radius
    compare stabilty on a hill
    most importantly to each of us in the saddle, compare the seat, stearing effort, and ease of operation of the controls Everybody will have their own preference, that's why you have to sit in the seat yourself
    what good is everything else if you cant stand to be on it for 8 hours?

    my 2 bits good luck to all of you
    I have no horse in the race, but I'll just point out that Mahindra is the biggest tractor producer in the world. You're right, in North America they don't seem to have a huge presence YET, but I'd say wait a few years and that will change.

    When I was getting out of my JD, I was sure I was buying a kubota but wanted to do my homework anyway. In the end, I found more value in Kioti. Everybody will have their opinion, but the point is these new players are making dependable, economical tractors with more standard features and they're gaining market share as a result.

  4. #114
    Super Star Member TripleR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,180
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    I have no horse in the race, but I'll just point out that Mahindra is the biggest tractor producer in the world. You're right, in North America they don't seem to have a huge presence YET, but I'd say wait a few years and that will change.

    When I was getting out of my JD, I was sure I was buying a kubota but wanted to do my homework anyway. In the end, I found more value in Kioti. Everybody will have their opinion, but the point is these new players are making dependable, economical tractors with more standard features and they're gaining market share as a result.
    You may well be right, when I bought my first Kubota, it was considered an "off brand" and I was very uncomfortable buying it; only did so on the recommendation of my brother. For the time being however, I believe it prudent to buy based on the way it is now not how it may become in the future.

  5. #115
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    56
    Location
    rock stream,ny
    Tractor
    B2150

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Well I grew up in Redfield NY and while growing up there was always the argument that my sled a Polarus was better than your Bomer, on and on. I now live in Watkins Glen and owned a B2150 for 10 yeqars great little tractor. I sold it 3 years ago for the same price I paid for it, bought a TYM from a dealor 5 miles down the road, it's been a great tractor. I followed this thread and find that growm men never really grow up when it comes to their play things. Just saying

  6. #116
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,350
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post

    I have no horse in the race, but I'll just point out that Mahindra is the biggest tractor producer in the world. You're right, in North America they don't seem to have a huge presence YET, but I'd say wait a few years and that will change.
    I don't believe they are the 1 selling tractor in the world. The U.S. is the largest tractor market. 7 out 10 tractors sold in the U.S are kubota. Where is Mahindra selling all of these tractors?

  7. #117
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I don't believe they are the 1 selling tractor in the world. The U.S. is the largest tractor market. 7 out 10 tractors sold in the U.S are kubota. Where is Mahindra selling all of these tractors?
    The Third World countries. That is a fact. Mahindi does sell a lot of tractors. I don't even think anyone has said they are terrible. They are not. They are just an economy tractor. Dandy Don put out a video on I believe the 2816, and believe it or not, he unloads a boat load of truth about the Mahindi product. One of the first fully honest testimonies he has committed to video. Although I am absolutely certain that he would not agree on the message he put out.

    In like 1995-96, Massey had the record for most sales of tractors world wide. But if you look at a lot of these companies, all of them make similar claims. LS put's out there as though their market share of world sales is about to break into that #1 slot. Weather or not Mahindi is the #1 tractor seller in the world really does not tell us much however. Might give people a warm fuzzy. But the proof is on the ground, and here in the US, where our tractor market in the SCUT and CUT market is radically different then in say India, as you note, they are not #1, Or #2. Kubota is the big dog. Not because Kubota is necessarily 7 times better then all the rest, but because Kubota tailored their tractor for the majority of Americans. If your goal is to sell a lot of tractors in America, people should be taking a look at Kubotas Business model. Mahindi could easily put out a tractor that would compete in sales here in the US. But you would not get that Mahindi at an economy price. You would pay for it just like you Pay for any other Brand name. There is most defiantly a market for the Economy Tractor in America. But they will never have sales compared to the top brands, because the majority of the US market wants a more refined tractor. That's not my opinion, that a solid Numbers Supported Fact.

    Edit: BTW Bullet, I know how that may have come off, I am sorry, that was not directed at you. It was a just my commentary based off your post as a springboard.

  8. #118
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,494
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I don't believe they are the 1 selling tractor in the world. The U.S. is the largest tractor market. 7 out 10 tractors sold in the U.S are kubota. Where is Mahindra selling all of these tractors?
    I'd be very interested in the source of your numbers. I'm doubtfull that the US is the largest tractor market in the world. I'm positive that Kubota does not sell 70% of the tractors in the US. Think about that number for a minute and see if it still makes sense in you head, it's just not possible. You'd need a pretty reliable source to make me buy that one.

    There are several sources that claim that Mahindra sells more units than anybody else in the world. Here's what Mahindra says. Mahindra Tractors - Why Mahindra / History. There are over a billion people in India alone. The population of the US is only about 5% of the worlds population.

  9. #119
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,494
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    The Third World countries. That is a fact. Mahindi does sell a lot of tractors. I don't even think anyone has said they are terrible. They are not. They are just an economy tractor. Dandy Don put out a video on I believe the 2816, and believe it or not, he unloads a boat load of truth about the Mahindi product. One of the first fully honest testimonies he has committed to video. Although I am absolutely certain that he would not agree on the message he put out.

    In like 1995-96, Massey had the record for most sales of tractors world wide. But if you look at a lot of these companies, all of them make similar claims. LS put's out there as though their market share of world sales is about to break into that #1 slot. Weather or not Mahindi is the #1 tractor seller in the world really does not tell us much however. Might give people a warm fuzzy. But the proof is on the ground, and here in the US, where our tractor market in the SCUT and CUT market is radically different then in say India, as you note, they are not #1, Or #2. kubota is the big dog. Not because Kubota is necessarily 7 times better then all the rest, but because Kubota tailored their tractor for the majority of Americans. If your goal is to sell a lot of tractors in America, people should be taking a look at Kubotas Business model. Mahindi could easily put out a tractor that would compete in sales. But you would not get that Mahindi at an economy price. You would pay for it just like you Pay for any other Brand name. There is most defiantly a market for the Economy Tractor in America. But they will never have sales compared to the top brands, because the majority of the US market wants a more refined tractor. That's not my opinion, that a solid Numbers Supported Fact.

    Edit: BTW Bullet, I know how that may have come off, I am sorry, that was not directed at you. It was a just my commentary based off your post as a springboard.
    Actually, they are the leader in SCUT/CUT tractors because they invented the segment and that comes from the smaller land areas used for farming in Japan.

    I'm not sure why you guys are all coming down on Mahindra as a non refined tractor and presuming Kubota is. To me, the biggest reason I didn't buy Kubota is that I would have been buying a Standard L series tractor for my needs and price range. There's nothing wrong with those tractors, but they are definetly unrefined when you compare it to say the Grand L tractor. The option I went with (Kioti) was comperable in "refinement" to a Grand L but with Standard L specs. The BX series is built for a consumer that has demands that don't require a "refined" tractor. It is a lot like a lawn mower, I don't know why people take offence to that, that's how they designed it. It's very usefull and can do a lot more than cut the grass, but it's a SCUT, not a 100hp farm tractor.

  10. #120
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    Actually, they are the leader in SCUT/CUT tractors because they invented the segment and that comes from the smaller land areas used for farming in Japan.
    Totally Agree with this. Also a substantial part of why I said in this, or another thread, that IMHO, Japan put's out some of the finest tractors in the SCUT, CUT class, and is the standard by which all others SCUT, CUT's are measured.

    I'm not sure why you guys are all coming down on Mahindra as a non refined tractor and presuming kubota is.
    "Coming Down On" intimates that "Everyone" is berating, or belittling Mahindra. I honestly do not believe that is the case for the Majority of people. I can say with supreme confidence that is not the case with myself.

    So here is the distinction as I see it. And this is coming from looking for a solid year and a half at the SCUT, and more recently small CUT class.

    The Mahindra MAX for example, in my opinion, is primitive in its finish. I have many reasons for saying this, None of which you would probably see Eye to Eye with me on. And that's fine. My opinion on the "Refinement" of the Mahindra speaks nothing at all to the over all quality of the tractor. I am confident that they are fine tractors. I have said it a dozen times now, NOBODY really makes a terrible tractor now a days. They are all just different flavors. But for myself, they lack certain things that keep me from ever wanting to own one. But none of that is important. To your point, I don't think its a matter of belittling the Mahindra. I think it's more a matter that generally speaking, people feel that they lack refinement. Nothing more.

    My counter question would be, why does that opinion extort so much contempt from avid supporters?

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do you like Mahindra Max 25?
    By Smitrock5 in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 06:34 AM
  2. Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920?
    By Green Guy in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 11:11 PM
  3. SSQA for a Mahindra Max 28
    By Sfrankland in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 12:13 AM
  4. Buying Advice Kubota B2920 or Mahindra Max 28XL HST
    By mattoct3003 in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 07:12 PM
  5. Price Check Mahindra Max 22
    By kootch88 in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 07:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.