Kubota VS Mahindra Max

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #131  
You're welcome, but this part of what you say is also why people can sometimes get their backs up. You need to realize there are "Economy Tractor" from Kubota as well as other "Name brand" "premium" tractor manufactures like JD.

Again, I am not disagreeing with you on this point. You are right, but the thing I think you might be missing is that the Primary reason anyone advocates for what I call "Economy Tractors", is precisely because they are cheaper. Take Mahindra as an example, tractor for tractor, one of the haul marks is that they are nearly always cheaper then their competitor. And this fact is cited over and over again. Price is not my Primary cirteria, but it sure does seem to be on the top of the list for the advocates of such tractors. So Price, undeniably is one of the primary defining factors. One I feel is pretty crucial. What is wrong with calling these tractors what they are? They are generally cheaper, so, they are economy Tractors. That is not by the way a criticism, but can you deney that along with a smaller price tag, often there are things that you are giving up. Refinement being one aspect, but also, and arguably more important, the Support and Dealer network, reputation and resale-ability. Maybe not worth a nickel to some, but it's worth a lot to lots of folks. Let's not pretend that you are saving all this money on these economy tractors for free.

The Standard L line is the "Economy" cousin of the grand L line and the 3032E & 3038E from JD are the "Economy" cousins of the 3000 series. In both cases they are more bare bones tractors and marketed to people who want a bare bones tractor but they cut some corners in some cases to reduce costs and lower price. They are there to help fill in a price point for people unwilling to pay the premium price that these brands command.

We agree again. That seems to happen quite a lot between you and I. But this gets right back to the first part of this reply, Reputation, Dealer Network, Service, Resale ability, are all things you are getting with mainstream brands. And it's not the Kubota, Massey, JD, NH fans that are pushing how much cheaper the "Economy Lines" are. It's the people advocating their lesser known brand that Push Savings. But they always seem to ignore that they OFTEN lack refinements that other brands have along with what I just mentioned.

Weekend warriors who spend $20-$40K don't want to be told they have an "Economy" tractor, actually, I don't think anybody does.

Ironically enough, people that spend less money on their tractors don't want to be told they have an "Economy Tractor" either.

I think you and I at least are pretty much on the same page, even if we have different takes on it. And that's not a bad thing. I personally think there is something to be gained from putting these differences of opinion out there. It's not a one sided story for either view now. I am willing to bet there are people that will read this and take away something from both perspectives.

Last edited:
   / Kubota VS Mahindra Max #132  
This has been a fun, emotional thread.

After reading all these posts, I kind of forgot about the original subject. But I do remember someone stating that they would not take a Max even for free.

I would like to state for the record that I would take a free Mahindra Max. Preferably a TLB package. So Don, if you are still reading and want to get some serious brownie points, I'll be waiting for a PM with your dealership info. I'll even shamelessly promote Mahindra. Heck, I'll promote Mahindra if you give me that old BX!

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max
You have been on this forum for what ? 1 month and more than 50 of your posts are on this thread. I think you joined this forum just to stir the pot with your BS.:stirthepot:

I think Mahindra Don did.

I'd be very interested in the source of your numbers. I'm doubtfull that the US is the largest tractor market in the world. I'm positive that Kubota does not sell 70% of the tractors in the US. Think about that number for a minute and see if it still makes sense in you head, it's just not possible. You'd need a pretty reliable source to make me buy that one.

There are several sources that claim that Mahindra sells more units than anybody else in the world. Here's what Mahindra says. Mahindra Tractors - Why Mahindra / History. There are over a billion people in India alone. The population of the US is only about 5% of the worlds population.

I'll try to find some stuff to back it up. You can't drive a mile around here with out driving past a Kubota.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #134  

I'll try to find some stuff to back it up. You can't drive a mile around here with out driving past a Kubota.

Roger, The guy apologizes and quit the thread, What else you want from him? Blood? Kubota makes a great product I know that. And this guy has been stirring the pot on more than this thread.

Last edited:
   / Kubota VS Mahindra Max #135  

You should not have have to look to far Bullitt. Mahindra is the current leader in world wide sales. But it's in large part based on the staggering sales they do in India.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #136  

Sure, but you can't drive a Kilometer around here without driving past 4 JD's and a couple Cases :laughing: I think a lot of it is regional and based on the history of the area.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #137  
I have no horse in the race, but I'll just point out that Mahindra is the biggest tractor producer in the world. You're right, in North America they don't seem to have a huge presence YET, but I'd say wait a few years and that will change.

When I was getting out of my JD, I was sure I was buying a Kubota but wanted to do my homework anyway. In the end, I found more value in Kioti. Everybody will have their opinion, but the point is these new players are making dependable, economical tractors with more standard features and they're gaining market share as a result.

maindia is the largest tractor producer in the world (does this include their copy of jeeps?), just not the USA i guess.

I wish these monkey would spend money on "real world" comparisons;
compare speed with a full load of dirt in across some distance point a - b I don't see that as very useful, I can travel much faster than I ever would if I chose to, although I'd spill have the load and bruise my kidneys. Bucket size is more useful to look at and is simply related to FEL lift cap. ok use some creativity here, equal load climbing the same grade in the same range. To me this will demonstate hydrostatic abilities. I remember reading the bobcat brand tractors would not pull a grade empty in high range, this was a big issue to owners
compare full down to full top dump speed on the FEL The larger the cylinders, the stronger the loader and the slower it will lift. My DK45 will lift 2.5X what my CK30 would, but it's slower, I still think it's a positive. ever watch a big wheel loader operate at a construction site? scoup, run, dump, and back for another load. True larger cylinders are slower when they are being operated by a lower volume pump, this is where gpm's come into play
compare full right to full left speed on the BH
compare maintence points and how easy they are to reach
compare both units pulling a disc, pulling a brush hog, pushing a snow plow With the same tires, this will mostly come down to weight. Just look at which one is heavier, that'll tell you how well they'll pull/push. PTO hp is straight forward for a bush hog. agree but if one has to run in a say in low and the other can do it in medium range this would be good to know before you buy
compare turning radius
compare stabilty on a hill
most importantly to each of us in the saddle, compare the seat, stearing effort, and ease of operation of the controls Everybody will have their own preference, that's why you have to sit in the seat yourself if one has 1" of seat foam and the other has 4"of seat foam, diff lock location (i hate mine), reach to loader joy stick (not a big deal to most but after several hours of moving dirt this becomes important), quickness of gear changes. ect....
what good is everything else if you cant stand to be on it for 8 hours?

im not saying anything about either bota or maindia, just saying compare things that matter

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #138  
speaking of :stirthepot:
funny how this is in the "Kubota" section yet we have so many in here that dont own either brand, passionate subject i guess.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #139  
speaking of :stir the pot:
funny how this is in the "Kubota" section yet we have so many in here that don't own either brand, passionate subject i guess.

It is ain't it, Most peculiar.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #140  
speaking of :stirthepot:
funny how this is in the "Kubota" section yet we have so many in here that dont own either brand, passionate subject i guess.

There is only so much you can say in the way of comparing the MAX to the Kubota. Everything that could be said, pretty much as been said on the subject at this point. I think the topic changed a bit to a matter of principles. That started when Don posted his video, and it morphed again later on. There is validity in voicing both sides of what is essentially a principles question. Though I agree letting it devolve into caterwauling is less then productive.