Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 209
  1. #21
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,116
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Well as others say, compare the Max to the B series, and both kubota and MahindraDon are guilty of not doing that. I have to say, both videos made me roll my eyes now and then. I personally like my tractor better than any of the comparable models from other brands, and that's great, it means I bought the right one for me. I'm honest to recognize features of other tractors that I wish mine had though and I don't think any tractor could ever be the best of everything, there's always a compromise to be made.

    What I actually find offensive is when manufactures try to make something into a positive that many would consider a negative. I found Kubota did this a little in the video (I'm thinking the weight issue) and I find Deere dealers notorious for it. Those brand loyal shoppers fall for that approach every time.

  2. #22
    Platinum Member 3v0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    520
    Location
    Oklahoma Pan Handle, United States
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Well put kiotiken. Most often we should be telling what we have experienced. Our thinking about if A is better then B is most often an opinion and should be left at that. The exception is where people have owed or know both A and B well, but even then we have to be careful not to generalized. One lemon tractor does not mean they are all bad.

    Normally the used price of older tractors is a quality indicators. But kubota invented the SCUT tractor and we have no tractors to compare with. Still a well cared for 10 year old BX with FEL starts at about 10 grand. Neglected examples are 7 or 8. I think that says something.

    Does anyone know what the BX2200's went for new ?

  3. #23
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,298
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by 3v0 View Post
    Well put kiotiken. Most often we should be telling what we have experienced. Our thinking about if A is better then B is most often an opinion and should be left at that. The exception is where people have owed or know both A and B well, but even then we have to be careful not to generalized. One lemon tractor does not mean they are all bad.

    Normally the used price of older tractors is a quality indicators. But kubota invented the SCUT tractor and we have no tractors to compare with. Still a well cared for 10 year old BX with FEL starts at about 10 grand. Neglected examples are 7 or 8. I think that says something.

    Does anyone know what the BX2200's went for new ?
    I paid about $11k including tax as best as I can remember for ours in 2003 with a 60" MMM and FEL. The dealer had some sort of promotion going on separate from Kubota and I paid cash.

  4. #24
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    62
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Tractor
    Kubota B3300

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    I can't wait to hear what Mahindra Corporate thinks of this two bit video by one of their representatives. Not to mention the unauthorized use of Copyrighted kubota material. Way to go, Don. You've done a great service to your brand!

  5. #25
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,409
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default

    I was going to give someone the link to the BX vs Max video earlier this week but kubota took the video down.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member RollingsFarms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,761
    Location
    South Carolina
    Tractor
    John Deere 5325 & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I was going to give someone the link to the BX vs Max video earlier this week but kubota took the video down.
    I was looking for it also since I hadn't had a chance to see it yet. I've only seen the one the Mahindra salesman made.


    John Deere 5325 MFWD

    John Deere 910A 54" 7-Iron PRO deck

  7. #27
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    And by the way. What the heck is wrong with a "Stamped Steel Deck"? I mean precisely? Hit me with the brass tac's here. People love to make a huge issue out of the fact that "This deck is fabricated, much better then a stamped steel Deck". Yet no one ever bothers to say why that should be the case. I have owned 6 lawn mowers of my own. I have NUMEROUS friends with Bota's ,GC's and JD's, all with Stamped Steel Decks. And neither my personal experience, nor stories from my friends support the notion that a Stamped Steel Deck is somehow an inferior crappy piece of junk. What they are are much lighter then a fabricated deck. And Cheaper to make as well. Performance wise, I see no difference. Now if you want to talk about components used, that's another thing. But let's just put this notion that all stamped steel decks are junk to rest. Show me empirical evidence, or shutty your seed hole.

  8. #28
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16,783
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    And by the way. What the heck is wrong with a "Stamped Steel Deck"? I mean precisely? Hit me with the brass tac's here. People love to make a huge issue out of the fact that "This deck is fabricated, much better then a stamped steel Deck". Yet no one ever bothers to say why that should be the case. I have owned 6 lawn mowers of my own. I have NUMEROUS friends with Bota's ,GC's and JD's, all with Stamped Steel Decks. And neither my personal experience, nor stories from my friends support the notion that a Stamped Steel Deck is somehow an inferior crappy piece of junk. What they are are much lighter then a fabricated deck. And Cheaper to make as well. Performance wise, I see no difference. Now if you want to talk about components used, that's another thing. But let's just put this notion that all stamped steel decks are junk to rest. Show me empirical evidence, or shutty your seed hole.
    Don't hold back, Tell us what you really think..

  9. #29
    Gold Member rockshaft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    260
    Location
    Sterling, AK
    Tractor
    1026R

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    According to kubota, their curved FEL is better too, why is it better? Aesthetics are subjective, is it better engineering?

  10. #30
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Kubota VS Mahindra Max

    Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Don't hold back, Tell us what you really think..
    I know I know, I do get kind of worked up when it comes to truth in advertising. But the rep's for Mahindra take the cake. Don in his defense has put out like 30 videos prior to this travesty that were at least friendly, if not altogether realistic. The one with the MAX pulling the duely truck backwards on the grass is one that pops into my head. That is nothing more or less then a Physics Problem. It tells us nothing useful regarding the MAX. It's just a "Pitch". But he clearly crossed a line with his last video.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do you like Mahindra Max 25?
    By Smitrock5 in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 06:34 AM
  2. Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920?
    By Green Guy in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 11:11 PM
  3. SSQA for a Mahindra Max 28
    By Sfrankland in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 12:13 AM
  4. Buying Advice Kubota B2920 or Mahindra Max 28XL HST
    By mattoct3003 in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 07:12 PM
  5. Price Check Mahindra Max 22
    By kootch88 in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 07:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.