Kubota VS Mahindra Max

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #21  
Well as others say, compare the Max to the B series, and both Kubota and MahindraDon are guilty of not doing that. I have to say, both videos made me roll my eyes now and then. I personally like my tractor better than any of the comparable models from other brands, and that's great, it means I bought the right one for me. I'm honest to recognize features of other tractors that I wish mine had though and I don't think any tractor could ever be the best of everything, there's always a compromise to be made.

What I actually find offensive is when manufactures try to make something into a positive that many would consider a negative. I found Kubota did this a little in the video (I'm thinking the weight issue) and I find Deere dealers notorious for it. Those brand loyal shoppers fall for that approach every time.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #22  
Well put kiotiken. Most often we should be telling what we have experienced. Our thinking about if A is better then B is most often an opinion and should be left at that. The exception is where people have owed or know both A and B well, but even then we have to be careful not to generalized. One lemon tractor does not mean they are all bad.

Normally the used price of older tractors is a quality indicators. But Kubota invented the SCUT tractor and we have no tractors to compare with. Still a well cared for 10 year old BX with FEL starts at about 10 grand. Neglected examples are 7 or 8. I think that says something.

Does anyone know what the BX2200's went for new ?

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #23  
Well put kiotiken. Most often we should be telling what we have experienced. Our thinking about if A is better then B is most often an opinion and should be left at that. The exception is where people have owed or know both A and B well, but even then we have to be careful not to generalized. One lemon tractor does not mean they are all bad.

Normally the used price of older tractors is a quality indicators. But Kubota invented the SCUT tractor and we have no tractors to compare with. Still a well cared for 10 year old BX with FEL starts at about 10 grand. Neglected examples are 7 or 8. I think that says something.

Does anyone know what the BX2200's went for new ?

I paid about $11k including tax as best as I can remember for ours in 2003 with a 60" MMM and FEL. The dealer had some sort of promotion going on separate from Kubota and I paid cash.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #24  
I can't wait to hear what Mahindra Corporate thinks of this two bit video by one of their representatives. Not to mention the unauthorized use of Copyrighted Kubota material. Way to go, Don. You've done a great service to your brand!

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max
I was going to give someone the link to the BX vs Max video earlier this week but Kubota took the video down.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #26  
I was going to give someone the link to the BX vs Max video earlier this week but Kubota took the video down.

I was looking for it also since I hadn't had a chance to see it yet. I've only seen the one the Mahindra salesman made.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #27  
And by the way. What the heck is wrong with a "Stamped Steel Deck"? I mean precisely? Hit me with the brass tac's here. People love to make a huge issue out of the fact that "This deck is fabricated, much better then a stamped steel Deck". Yet no one ever bothers to say why that should be the case. I have owned 6 lawn mowers of my own. I have NUMEROUS friends with Bota's ,GC's and JD's, all with Stamped Steel Decks. And neither my personal experience, nor stories from my friends support the notion that a Stamped Steel Deck is somehow an inferior crappy piece of junk. What they are are much lighter then a fabricated deck. And Cheaper to make as well. Performance wise, I see no difference. Now if you want to talk about components used, that's another thing. But let's just put this notion that all stamped steel decks are junk to rest. Show me empirical evidence, or shutty your seed hole.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #28  
And by the way. What the heck is wrong with a "Stamped Steel Deck"? I mean precisely? Hit me with the brass tac's here. People love to make a huge issue out of the fact that "This deck is fabricated, much better then a stamped steel Deck". Yet no one ever bothers to say why that should be the case. I have owned 6 lawn mowers of my own. I have NUMEROUS friends with Bota's ,GC's and JD's, all with Stamped Steel Decks. And neither my personal experience, nor stories from my friends support the notion that a Stamped Steel Deck is somehow an inferior crappy piece of junk. What they are are much lighter then a fabricated deck. And Cheaper to make as well. Performance wise, I see no difference. Now if you want to talk about components used, that's another thing. But let's just put this notion that all stamped steel decks are junk to rest. Show me empirical evidence, or shutty your seed hole.

Don't hold back, Tell us what you really think..:laughing:

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #29  
According to Kubota, their curved FEL is better too, why is it better? Aesthetics are subjective, is it better engineering?

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #30  
Don't hold back, Tell us what you really think..:laughing:

I know I know, I do get kind of worked up when it comes to truth in advertising. But the rep's for Mahindra take the cake. Don in his defense has put out like 30 videos prior to this travesty that were at least friendly, if not altogether realistic. The one with the MAX pulling the duely truck backwards on the grass is one that pops into my head. That is nothing more or less then a Physics Problem. It tells us nothing useful regarding the MAX. It's just a "Pitch". But he clearly crossed a line with his last video.