Snow Front mount Kubota blower

/ Front mount Kubota blower #1  

SPMMD

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota/B3200
I have only owned my B3200 with FEL and front mount Kubota snow blower for 1year. Last year was a joke for snow fall in Upstate NY. I saw picture of FEL and blower mount on at same time! Can you mount and use the FEL with the blower mount attached?

/ Front mount Kubota blower #2  
Would you loose all hydraulic control of the FEL when blower is hooked up? Would it stay in last position you put it? Philip.

/ Front mount Kubota blower #3  
So you want to drop the blower, but leave the quick hitch on when you install the loader?
If its like the quick hitch for the BX2660 and the loader for the B7500, you should be able to. I would try connecting the loader with a "Spotter" to watch for interference.

Aaron Z

/ Front mount Kubota blower
Yes, that's exactly the question. With the hydraulic lines reattached to the FEL, and the quick attach for the blower left on, is there enough room to fit and operate the FEL? I don't have a garage, and lying on cold/ wet winter soil or gravel to get under and line- up, attach and unattach the mid mount PTO, especially in the early evening darkness just isn't much fun! I have work to do that needs the FEL, but now that the Kubota is snow ready, I dread changing the attachment!

/ Front mount Kubota blower #5  
Okay, think I got ya. Leave quick hitch on without blower. Have full function of FEL. Remove complete FEL assembly, then just mount blower. That varies model by model. On my L3940, the quick hitch interfers with my bucket. Another guy on here has a L4240, he can leave his quick hitch on, and have full use of his FEL. Might also depend if you have quick attach bucket on FEL. Good luck. Philip.

/ Front mount Kubota blower #6  
While I can leave the sub frame on the front of the sub frame quickly becomes kind of an issue. It doesn't interfere with the loader but it sticks out so while doing loader work you can't get anywhere near as close to a pile of snow or dirt. If you are using the FEL to pile snow it will dig into the pile. My suggestion is to get use to putting the sub frame on. My first time doing it was an hour or so but yesterday I did it for the 4th time and I bet it took 5 to 10 minutes at most.

/ Front mount Kubota blower #7  
The 2620 does not have enough clearance to have both the sub frame and the FEL at the same time. However, with the 2620 I can switch out the sub frame (plow or blower) for the fel in a few minutes. I have a gravel/sand/rock drive so I use the blower set high to remove most of the snow and the change out for the plow to get down to the ground and if I need to use the fel I switch out for that. It's more seat time so that is no problem.

/ Front mount Kubota blower #8  
The 2620 does not have enough clearance to have both the sub frame and the FEL at the same time. However, with the 2620 I can switch out the sub frame (plow or blower) for the fel in a few minutes. I have a gravel/sand/rock drive so I use the blower set high to remove most of the snow and the change out for the plow to get down to the ground and if I need to use the fel I switch out for that. It's more seat time so that is no problem.

I have a B7500 and found the same problem with the subframe installed and using the FEL I was able to damage two of the hydraulic lines attached to the support arm of the FEL. Turned out that the hydraulic fitting on the subframe lift was just at the right position to hit the two FEL lines. I replaced the lines and the first time I used the bucket is when I found out what damaged the first set. I was lucky enough to not destroy the second set.

I attempted to use the blower with the FEL still attached, but just did not like the setup. I had a feeling that the bucket could come down and hit the blower chute. PLus the bucket is high enough to blocking vision while driving. The same two hydraulic lines to lift the buck are used to lift the snowblower.

I just remove the loader and can install it in about three to five minutes (in nice warm weather) not sure how long it will take during the winter.

Wayne

/ Front mount Kubota blower #9  
While I can leave the sub frame on the front of the sub frame quickly becomes kind of an issue. It doesn't interfere with the loader but it sticks out so while doing loader work you can't get anywhere near as close to a pile of snow or dirt. If you are using the FEL to pile snow it will dig into the pile. My suggestion is to get use to putting the sub frame on. My first time doing it was an hour or so but yesterday I did it for the 4th time and I bet it took 5 to 10 minutes at most.

Crazyal is who I was thinking of! Look closely at his picture. He has subrame for his blower mounted, and his FEL. You can just see the end of his quick hitch sticking out from the front of his tractor. He can do that with his L4240, I cannot with my L3940. I mounted both of mine too, but at some angles, there is some interference between my bucket to my quick hitch. Philip.

Attachments

• FELQUICKHITCH01.JPG
    FELQUICKHITCH01.JPG
    952.5 KB · Views: 344
   / Front mount Kubota blower #10  
Looks like Crazyalls quick hitch is probably the difference for clearance