ROPS Light brackets

/ ROPS Light brackets #1  

Tollster

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, BX23
Any idea on how I could mount the light posts to the ROPS? I recall seeing a thread here using what I think where trailer bed brackets a while back, but could not find it. I wish I could save some threads here under my name, there are some great ideas and if I search, its either to broad or too specific..I try...I really do.

I have a BX 23 and plan on putting a set of rectangular Hella 550 Halogens on, I did the alternator upgrade already.

/ ROPS Light brackets #2  
I used aluminum clamps were used to hold a truck cap on a pickup bed. I had to buy a longer bolt and used the hardwae that came with the light to mount IT to the clamp. No drilling in ROPS and can move the lights later on if you want. I did drill a hole in the plastic cup holder for a toggle switch. I ran the wire up the inboard side of the ROPS thru some automotive wiring harness tubing and used Zip Ties to secure the tubing from getting snagged. I posted a pix a long time ago but can't seem to find it now. Been doing fine for 5 or 6 years now.

/ ROPS Light brackets #4  
A couple of spacers between the pipe and the ROPS allow space to thread wires through existing holes in the underside of the ROPS. Twisting the pipe raises/lowers the beam; the light can be twised left or right. I added a switch on the instrument panel.

Attachments

• rear worklight.JPG
    rear worklight.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,069
  • rear worklight switch.JPG
    rear worklight switch.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 779
   / ROPS Light brackets #5  
Get some u bolts a the hardware store. I took a scrap piece of aluminum and made a piece for the light to clamp to.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 1,346
   / ROPS Light brackets
Thank ya'll, I knew there would be some great ideas here, as I followed them for years before I got my light package , or santa got my light package I should say.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Tol

/ ROPS Light brackets #8  
Thank ya'll, I knew there would be some great ideas here, as I followed them for years before I got my light package , or santa got my light package I should say.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Tol

Yeah Tol, pick one or a combination of a couple, get it done and post some pictures.
Merry Christmas to you, too.

/ ROPS Light brackets #10  
I mounted a pair of amber 4 way flashers on my rops by utilizing the 3/8" holes that were already pre drilled by the previous owner. Using this mounting scheme will certainly hide any exposed wiring because the hollow rops is used as the wire raceway. The amber lamps are in fact identical to the origional ones that came with the tractor. They have threaded mounting studs, you can probably make your own mounting studs if your quartz lamps came without them. You can either thread the drilled holes with a threading tap or use the mounting nuts that come with the lamps. Locating the wiring for the hookup should be easy, you will find exposed tractor wiring under the rear right fender. Only thing you might want to consider is the wiring gauge and fusing. I dont know how much current your new lamps may draw. Good Luck