Tractor
    Kubota, BX23

Default ROPS Light brackets

Any idea on how I could mount the light posts to the ROPS? I recall seeing a thread here using what I think where trailer bed brackets a while back, but could not find it. I wish I could save some threads here under my name, there are some great ideas and if I search, its either to broad or too specific..I try...I really do.

I have a BX 23 and plan on putting a set of rectangular Hella 550 Halogens on, I did the alternator upgrade already.
    Kubota BX-23, BH, FEL, MMM, Various Bro-tek attachments, Exmark Lazermark.
    ASME Certified welding inspector specializing in Visual, Mag Particle, Dye Penetrant, and Ultrasonics

Tractor
    kubota BX22, Cub ZForce S 48 inch deck

Default Re: ROPS Light brackets

I used aluminum clamps were used to hold a truck cap on a pickup bed. I had to buy a longer bolt and used the hardwae that came with the light to mount IT to the clamp. No drilling in ROPS and can move the lights later on if you want. I did drill a hole in the plastic cup holder for a toggle switch. I ran the wire up the inboard side of the ROPS thru some automotive wiring harness tubing and used Zip Ties to secure the tubing from getting snagged. I posted a pix a long time ago but can't seem to find it now. Been doing fine for 5 or 6 years now.

Tractor
    B2920 TLB, ZD21-60P, 1949 US Baird Beaver

Here it is - still working like a champ - out of the way and solid as a rock.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...t-project.html
    B2920 TLB, Thumb, 48" Box Blade, 48" Bush-Hog, 48" Culivator and Hiller, 15" Potato Plow, 60" Blade, 60" Landscape Rake, 50 Inch EA Wicked Compact Tractor Grapple, Curtis Soft Cab, 48" Tooth-bar, 3pt Trailer Hitch, Z21-60P

Tractor
    JD 1025R, Curtis cab

A couple of spacers between the pipe and the ROPS allow space to thread wires through existing holes in the underside of the ROPS. Twisting the pipe raises/lowers the beam; the light can be twised left or right. I added a switch on the instrument panel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -rear-worklight-jpg   -rear-worklight-switch-jpg  
    No man is prejudiced in favor of a thing knowing it to be wrong. He is attached to it on the belief of it being right.. ~Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Get some u bolts a the hardware store. I took a scrap piece of aluminum and made a piece for the light to clamp to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -016-jpg  

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

I just made a simple T out of angle and flat. Made a swivel magnetic mount, but you dont have to add the magnets.http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...t-upgrade.html

Tractor
    Kubota, BX23

Thank ya'll, I knew there would be some great ideas here, as I followed them for years before I got my light package , or santa got my light package I should say.
    Have a Merry Christmas!
    Tol
    Kubota BX-23, BH, FEL, MMM, Various Bro-tek attachments, Exmark Lazermark.
    ASME Certified welding inspector specializing in Visual, Mag Particle, Dye Penetrant, and Ultrasonics

Tractor
    JD 1025R, Curtis cab

Quote Originally Posted by Tollster View Post
    Thank ya'll, I knew there would be some great ideas here, as I followed them for years before I got my light package , or santa got my light package I should say.
    Have a Merry Christmas!
    Tol
    Yeah Tol, pick one or a combination of a couple, get it done and post some pictures.
    Merry Christmas to you, too.
    No man is prejudiced in favor of a thing knowing it to be wrong. He is attached to it on the belief of it being right.. ~Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

Kubota Grand L3240HST, LA724 FEL with QA, 72" QA bucket, Turf Tires, QA snow plow, QA Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, Leinbach 72" pine straw rake, GroundWorks brush forks and Kubota L series ballast box.
    ---------------------------
    Stihl stuff

Tractor
    Kubota BX23

I mounted a pair of amber 4 way flashers on my rops by utilizing the 3/8" holes that were already pre drilled by the previous owner. Using this mounting scheme will certainly hide any exposed wiring because the hollow rops is used as the wire raceway. The amber lamps are in fact identical to the origional ones that came with the tractor. They have threaded mounting studs, you can probably make your own mounting studs if your quartz lamps came without them. You can either thread the drilled holes with a threading tap or use the mounting nuts that come with the lamps. Locating the wiring for the hookup should be easy, you will find exposed tractor wiring under the rear right fender. Only thing you might want to consider is the wiring gauge and fusing. I dont know how much current your new lamps may draw. Good Luck