Float function b2920 with b2763 blade?

/ Float function b2920 with b2763 blade? #1  

ericher69

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota b2920
Is there a float function when using the quick hitch and front blade on a b2920?

If so how do you activate this?

I can lift the front wheels off the ground and it digs into the black top (yes I have skid shoes)

Thanks

/ Float function b2920 with b2763 blade? #2  
The float is the detent past the dump position on the loader valve. Lower the blade to ground, and then push past the dump position on the loader valve.

/ Float function b2920 with b2763 blade? #3  
You have two threads on this? That makes it very hard to help...

/ Float function b2920 with b2763 blade?
You have two threads on this? That makes it very hard to help...

Nobody was replying in the Kubota thread so I posted in general

Thanks for replies will try

Is there 2 detent positions? Down and to the right? On loader valve?

Have 5" of nasty wet slushy snow to clear and the blower keeps clogging

/ Float function b2920 with b2763 blade? #5  
Just push forward past where you normally push.

/ Float function b2920 with b2763 blade? #6  
Typically, when I push forward it is in a slow smooth motion. To engage the "float" push foward with a POP motion all the way to the stop. Don't kill it but do make it a definate motion that goes to the stop and then let the bucket catch up.......It isn't touchy; but you do need to develop the "touch".........God bless......Dennis

/ Float function b2920 with b2763 blade? #7  
ericher69,

You asked: "Is there 2 detent Positions? Down and to the right?"

I can only answer as to what I have and it probably applies to your loader valve.

Moving joystick Left and Right - Pushing to the Right there is a second position, but one must push fairly hard to get it into this position. For those with snow blowers this second position is what is used to rotate the chute. If it is only pushed the right normally the chute does not rotate. Many 1st time users think there is a problem and don't realize it must be pushed to a second Right position.

Moving joystick Forward and Back (bucket or blade up and down) - Float you desire is activated by pushing forward past the normal operating range when using a FEL.

In essence there are two float positions, but I don't know if the one moving right is technically called a float.

Hope this address your question.

Last edited:
   / Float function b2920 with b2763 blade? #8  
In essense there are two float positions, but I don't know if the one moving right is technically called a float.

It's called "Regen" or "Regenerative", but technically the first part of the throw is regen (on Kubota's anyhow, JD is opposite) and pushing past the detent to the right gets you out of the regen mode. There is lots of threads on the subject if you search the term "regen".

/ Float function b2920 with b2763 blade?
Will give'er a whirl and see what happens!

Isn't there known issues with these loader valves where they need to be disassembled and greased to work properly?

Thanks for all the replies/help and...

Merry Christmas to all!

/ Float function b2920 with b2763 blade? #10  
Isn't there known issues with these loader valves where they need to be disassembled and greased to work properly?

Yes, the caps or cups on the opposite end of the valve from the linkage are well know for collecting moisture and affecting the float function. Careful dis-assembly and lubrication of the detent balls inside is sometimes needed, especially since you obviously have never used it before (the float function). It's even worse if the tractor is stored outside. A search of the term "detent' here in the Kubota forum should turn up some other reading as well.