Service Light on L3130

/ Service Light on L3130 #1  

5thGenTexan

Tractor
Kubota Grand L3130
So, I got my L3130 delivered and the service light is on. It was on yesterday and the guy showed me how to press the two buttons to reset it and it went off. Back on today though. Does the light on these tractors indicate a problem like a CEL on a car does or is it just a service reminder?

/ Service Light on L3130 #2  
Is it the little wrench symbol? If so, that is the Service Inspect Light and it comes on very 50 hours of use to remind you to check and servcie the engine as needed. According to the owners manual for the Grand L30 series, there is no CEL as you would find on most cars.

/ Service Light on L3130 #3  
To reset the service indicator requres the menu to be in "Hour Meter" display. Push both the DIsplay Mode Switch and Travel Speed Switch.

In the event you didn't get the glossy document on the IntelliPanel.

Standard Display:
Display.JPG

Service Interval Alert:
Reset.JPG

Good luck wit the new tractor. I really enjoy my L3130

/ Service Light on L3130
Yeah, I can reset it, but it comes back on upon restarting.

I didn't get any of the original documentation. Thanks for those images. :)

/ Service Light on L3130 #5  
Either you didn't reset it properly or there is a glitch and you should call your dealer. When the tractor is running and you reset it does it stay off while the tractor is running?????

/ Service Light on L3130 #6  
I reviewed the workshop manual and couldn't find anything related to the display not resetting. As someone stated above the wrench is only for the Service Interval and does not indicate a sensor problem or other issue that would occur like in any modern car. This is a fairly dumb pannel. Given that, I would try the reset procedure a few more times making certain to be in the correct display mode. There is a trip mode that resets the hours to zero that it is easy to mistaken as the service reset. You're not the 1st to have trouble resetting the service interval.

I’ve included a few more photos from the WSM that describe another type of reset. Just use caution in this mode because it is easy to start changing parameters for the other inputs (RPM, Speed, etc…)

Testing.JPG Reset Display.JPG

Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

Last edited:
   / Service Light on L3130
thanks!!! It'ss probably be after Christmas before I get to try. Its living at our place where we are going to be building a house, and we still live in town. So, may not get out there for a few days.

/ Service Light on L3130 #8  
Just grasping at straws...maybe also disconnect the battery. That may reset what's doing it or the computer.

/ Service Light on L3130 #9  
Just curious... Any updates?

/ Service Light on L3130
On Christmas day we got 2"of rain and then 5"of snow on top of that. I went out to my place and it was still pretty sloppy.. (I just have my shop built). I got inside to check things out, make sure its all ok while I'm not there. Anyway, I started the tractor just to let it run for a bit. I did another reset and the light did go off. Turned it off and restarted a few times and it didn't come back on. I will know more I guess when I am able to get back out there and use it.