Rear work lights

/ Rear work lights #1  

RDeMarse

Tractor
B3000HSDCC
Is there a after market kit for rear work lights for the Kubota 3000 ? I purchased the front kit from my dealer but thinking a rear light kit would be good when removing snow. I don't see a switch knockout out in the dash for rear lights either. Wondering what you guys have been doing. I have the factory cab.

Thanks

/ Rear work lights #2  
I install single 55 watt light rear which works great.
Not sure about Kubota 3000 but check under rear fender see if there plug in juction.
55 watt has own toggle,but I wire so when the key off light also.

/ Rear work lights #3  
I install single 55 watt light rear which works great.
Not sure about Kubota 3000 but check under rear fender see if there plug in juction.
55 watt has own toggle,but I wire so when the key off light also.

My L3000 has a wire under each fender that is hot when the ignation switch is on. I want to use them for rear work lights and I'm looking for a light with a switch on it since I don't want to add an in line switch. Where did you get one witht the toggle?

/ Rear work lights #4  
Is there a after market kit for rear work lights for the Kubota 3000 ? I purchased the front kit from my dealer but thinking a rear light kit would be good when removing snow. I don't see a switch knockout out in the dash for rear lights either. Wondering what you guys have been doing. I have the factory cab.

Thanks

I think the light should have a switch on it.

/ Rear work lights #5  
I wanted a good work light on the back of my L4400. Fender mounting is what I have right now. I bought a rubber shelled, metal mount light. I took the light out and drilled a hole in the rubber, installed a REALLY GOOD rubber booted toggle switch for on and off. Wired it , put it back together, installed it.
Go to a parts house and tell em you want a REALLY GOOD switch and a rubber boot for it. Don't buy some dimestore wanna bee cheap one.

/ Rear work lights #6  
I used one of the connectors under the seat. It's tied into the work light fuse. I mounted a waterproof switch that's easy to toggle with gloves on and is lit up near the cruse control lever. I used a 55w halogen light. I know some people love the LED lights but I haven't seen the need to spend the big bucks on one. Just the other night I had a tree blow over and used the rear work light to light it tree up so I could top it with the chainsaw and then drag it out of the way. By using a dash mounted switch I could mount the rear light higher up on the ROPS.

/ Rear work lights #7  
I know some people love the LED lights but I haven't seen the need to spend the big bucks on one.

The main benefit of LEDs is when you have an amperage budget to work within. For instance, I only have a 20A alternator on my B2920, so it would have been iffy installing multiple standard work lamps. LEDs at 1.2A give off the same light as conventional lights that would draw 8A. I wasn't happy about the cost of the LEDs, but they really helped keep the amps low, and let me run multiple lamps with the stock alternator.

/ Rear work lights #8  

Thanks

I don't know about the B3000 but on my B3030HSDCC the switch for the rear lights is located in a bracket with the switch for the rear wiper. This is located in the upper right rear corner of the cab.

Last edited:
   / Rear work lights #9  
Have a B7800 , no cab , but tractor shade with home made windsheild. I got 2 55w driving lights from wal-mart,for the back and tied into front lights switch. Added 4 more to front of tractor shade ( top ) so i could see while loading things at night, using a toggle switch strait off the battery. But i need the up graded alt. . A future investment. Just can't run them all for over 2 hours, to much drain on the battery. good luck.:)

/ Rear work lights #10  
Lot of thread in Customization on installing LED's for work lights. Here is one thread. LED Lights
I have 4 of the 27 watt lights on the roll bar. Use them more than tractor lights.