Anyone have trouble with Ballast Star product for loading tires ??

/ Anyone have trouble with Ballast Star product for loading tires ?? #1  

PRF

Gold Member
Tractor
2012 Kubota L5740, 1970 IH 2444, John Deere x485
Dealer is including loaded tires with new purchase of L5740, and they use a product from Ballast Star, I imagine it's Citrastar-50 ?? They claim it's not corrosive but from what I've read here and elsewhere it seems to be calcium chloride with a rust inhibitor added, probably an oil of some kind...

Not planning on running tubes in the R-4 tires, and just wondering if anyone has had any bad results with this product??

Thanks in advance for your response.

/ Anyone have trouble with Ballast Star product for loading tires ?? #2  
If you have any choice, select RimGuard... Great stuff no problems handling, clean up or anything. Plus it is heavier. KennyV

/ Anyone have trouble with Ballast Star product for loading tires ?? #3  
Dealer is including loaded tires with new purchase of L5740, and they use a product from Ballast Star, I imagine it's Citrastar-50 ?? They claim it's not corrosive but from what I've read here and elsewhere it seems to be calcium chloride with a rust inhibitor added, probably an oil of some kind...

Not planning on running tubes in the R-4 tires, and just wondering if anyone has had any bad results with this product??

Thanks in advance for your response.
* CaCl corrosivity can be reduced by making it alkaline with lime and adding a little sodium chromate [Na2CrO4].
Larry
I would be interested in what Citrastar is using.
larry

/ Anyone have trouble with Ballast Star product for loading tires ??
If you have any choice, select RimGuard... Great stuff no problems handling, clean up or anything. Plus it is heavier. KennyV

I'm going to call and try to find the nearest RimGuard dealer, seems to be the best option.. Thanks

I would be interested in what Citrastar is using.
larry

I'm trying to find that out, but finding different answers...