what will she look like in ten years?

/ what will she look like in ten years? #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
my shiny new Kubota tractor is starting to get the inevitable scratches and i wondered what it would look like in ten years.
Well, I chuckled when I saw this ad because it was a ten year old version of a similar tractor to mine. Not sure I'd average 150 hours a year, likely over a hundred though.
Kubota Tractor L4610 (HSTCA)

As I see the grease ooze out of dozens of fittings, I am refraining myself from grabbing a paper towel and wiping it off. Occasionally...

Attachments

• CLKubota.jpg
    CLKubota.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 524
  • P1010723.jpg
    P1010723.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 640
   / what will she look like in ten years? #2  
Like growing old together..love marks. ;)

/ what will she look like in ten years? #3  
You will definately have grease oozing out of grease fittings, especially if you use moly grease. But that's a good thing since it shows you took care enough to grease it.

/ what will she look like in ten years? #4  
I recently traded our 2003 L5030 HSTC off and I wish I had taken pictures of it as it looked really good. I kept it in the shed as did the previous owner, but I used it pretty darned hard while taking good care of it. It lasted on the lot about two days before someone snapped it up. It had about 1400+ hours on it.

It was 7 years old when I bought it.

/ what will she look like in ten years?
You will definately have grease oozing out of grease fittings, especially if you use moly grease. But that's a good thing since it shows you took care enough to grease it.

the FEL fittings with the "submerged" zerks take as well as give. I try not to force dirt into the bearing, and wipe most zerks down first, but those lower level zerks sure collect gunk.
Almost like I need a particular cleaning tool to get the crud out, like my favorite, popsickle sticks. Now I suppose there isn't any good reason for that extra grease settling down in there, as I should start off
clean and end clean. And take the time to get the angle right before pushing in. And...

I put a coat of car wax on the tractor when it was new, not for shine, but hopefully to let the crud clean up easier. The ten year old model appears well taken care of and certainly nicely detailed for selling.

As for "love marks", well, I dedicated this tractor to my wife, so those "love marks" I've already taken care of. :)

Attachments

• P1010732 (2).jpg
    P1010732 (2).jpg
    331 KB · Views: 444
   / what will she look like in ten years? #6  
Took this picture about a year ago when my L4610 hit 10 years and about 1,000 hours. Works hard, totally reliable, kept reasonably clean, maintained with care, lives inside when not working. Expect it will outlast its owner.

View attachment 294853

/ what will she look like in ten years? #7  
the FEL fittings with the "submerged" zerks take as well as give. I try not to force dirt into the bearing, and wipe most zerks down first, but those lower level zerks sure collect gunk.
Almost like I need a particular cleaning tool to get the crud out, like my favorite, popsickle sticks. Now I suppose there isn't any good reason for that extra grease settling down in there, as I should start off
clean and end clean. And take the time to get the angle right before pushing in. And...

I put a coat of car wax on the tractor when it was new, not for shine, but hopefully to let the crud clean up easier. The ten year old model appears well taken care of and certainly nicely detailed for selling.

As for "love marks", well, I dedicated this tractor to my wife, so those "love marks" I've already taken care of. :)

:thumbsup:

Took this picture about a year ago when my L4610 hit 10 years and about 1,000 hours. Works hard, totally reliable, kept reasonably clean, maintained with care, lives inside when not working. Expect it will outlast its owner.

View attachment 294853

That's a great looking tractor; almost new.

/ what will she look like in ten years? #8  
I wash mine as needed , and wax 1 to 2 times a year. Repaint bucket , and other parts as paint is worn off. Keep under shelter 95 % of the time , and grease and keep up maintance . Its 8 or 9 years old now, with 1475 hours.

/ what will she look like in ten years? #9  
Almost like I need a particular cleaning tool to get the crud out, like my favorite, popsickle sticks.

<snip>

My prefered mung digger is a bamboo chop stick.
I always save them if I get them at a restaurant.
Have a fair sized stack, now.
The plant manager uses them to hold plant ID tags on vegetable rows.

/ what will she look like in ten years? #10  
Our human bodies are machines; tractors are machines. Both will last and better serve us longer by proper care. Even with scraps and bruises, nicks and pains, we will retain our fond memories that both enabled us to experience. Can you just imagine that in 10 years, the "War Stories" that you will recall by looking at your tractor. Some possibilities: The time you backed into that tree, the time that you ran over a stump, the time that you hauled all those hay bales before dark, or the time you pulled your Wife's car out of a ditch and scratched the paint. Just a few.Thanks for listening.