Torn tie-rod boot on BX

/ Torn tie-rod boot on BX #1  

gobbler

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
I’ve torn one of the rubber tie-rod boots on the BX. I found an old post about repairing this and the poster mentioned that you have to buy the complete tie-rod assembly just to replace the boot. Anyone replace one recently? Is this still the case??

Jim

/ Torn tie-rod boot on BX #2  
Jim - Mine tore when the whole steering assembly came loose. Check your bolts!!! I also was told and subsequently received a complete assembly from my dealer(free i.e. warranty). I haven't put it on yet but it looks quite easy. Chuck

/ Torn tie-rod boot on BX #3  
I may have been the post you saw on the tie-rod boot, and YES you have to replace the whole assembly. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
SO I cut a piece out of a bicycle tube, used the old wire ring on the big end and a small hose clamp on the small end.
I cut several more pieces just in case but in a year and a half I have never had another one to tear. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Lesson learned, be very careful working around old barbed wire and moving old fence posts with scraps of barbed wire left on them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Jim C

/ Torn tie-rod boot on BX #4  
I've torn two and on a L3000dt you can just buy the boot. easy to fix. i would go to your dealers parts and just ask for a boot and see what they say. if they check the parts breakdown they may see you can buy just the boot. i had to order them and it took a few days.
I think they cost $5 bucks .

/ Torn tie-rod boot on BX #5  
I tore mine as well and had to pay 50 bucks to buy the whole assy..

/ Torn tie-rod boot on BX #6  
Mine is torn on my B2910. I don't think I caused it...but how can I know???

I noticed it before getting into any brush or sticks...I really think it just was poor quality rubber that tore on its own...but I really don't know and don't feel I can claim a warrenty problem...because I might have caused it.

I wonder how I could tell if it was me or poor rubber quality?

Guess I am just thinking out loud... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif